DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera shake when panning?

dport177

Reactions
There have been threads talking about shake/jello on actual mavic video when panning, but what about the physical gimbal? If you hover your drone directly in front of you, and pan (rotate) the drone 360, does your gimbal physically shake or is it rock solid?

Mine tends to shake slightly at different points in the pan. I did video my mavic with an iphone, but it's very hard to see the effects on said video.

There have been threads talking about shake/jello on actual mavic video when panning, but what about the physical gimbal? If you hover your drone directly in front of you, and pan (rotate) the drone 360, does your gimbal physically shake or is it rock solid?

Mine tends to shake slightly at different points in the pan. I did video my mavic with an iphone, but it's very hard to see the effects on said video.

A video of it doing this would be helpful if you have one.

What settings do you setup.

Also I asume you have checked the mount and bands etc.

A video of it doing this would be helpful if you have one.

What settings do you setup.

Also I asume you have checked the mount and bands etc.

Thankfully the video that my mavic took looks fine. Mount and bands are good. The video I took of the mavic gimbal shaking while panning does not show anything. Probably has to do with my hand not being steady on my iPhone camera while taking the video. Impossible to get this to show on iPhone video. Really just curious if others can see their gimbal shaking slightly when they pan.

My gimbal settings are:
Gimbal pitch speed: 16
Gimbal pitch smoothness: 8
Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow: yes

Last edited:
Make sure the box titled "do you want your mavic's panning footage to be unusable?" is unchecked. That was my problem all this time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne