DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera start capture failed

rscheff

Reactions
Flying the Mini this afternoon and had a mission set up using Dronelink. I am using Samsung S21 phone. As I approached the end of the mission it was stopped with the error msg.: "Camera Start Capture Failed." I was not even using the camera I was using the video.

Flying the Mini this afternoon and had a mission set up using Dronelink. I am using Samsung S21 phone. As I approached the end of the mission it was stopped with the error msg.: "Camera Start Capture Failed." I was not even using the camera I was using the video.
Camera can mean pic or video. May have been some interference where you were flying. How did the video come out? Any issues where the msg may have happened?

Hi rscheff. Not quite understanding what you are saying. There is only one camera on the mini1, which you can switch to “photo or video”. Did it still capture the video you were shooting?
Also, if you go to the Dronelink website, there should be information on the camera error message you received. That may help you resolve the issue.
Good luck.

I was flying about a 14 minute mission and video taping when right near the end of the mission I received the error message "Camera Start Capture Failed", I just assumed it was referring to the camera picture taking. I thought it should say Video Start Capture Failed. At any rate I checked the logs and around that time there was an error msg. "Download data connection lost for 25.7 seconds. It seems this may have been the issue, but I have lost connection to the AC before and I did not receive this message. I believe the video had stopped at that time also. I receive quite a few error messages and most are explainable, but I often am not sure which program is generating the error message, DJI Fly or Dronelink. Is there someplace to go that would show each program's error messages??

Hi rscheff. Not quite understanding what you are saying. There is only one camera on the mini1, which you can switch to “photo or video”. Did it still capture the video you were shooting?
Also, if you go to the Dronelink website, there should be information on the camera error message you received. That may help you resolve the issue.
Good luck.
It happened again, and no the video stops recording. It happened in the exact location as before. It should not be a lost connection issue because it was a mapping flight and had flown over this area several times. Jim from Dronelink has a copy of the flight and is going to look at it. I use the flight to experiment on the various controls that the Dronelink program has and it is quite long. If there is just one issue, like, drone off course, then the mission does not complete because there is not enough battery. So as a result I have not completely finished a mission. There is a lot of interference in my area, I rarely can go over 800 feet distance and this program is not more than 600 feet, but I still loose connection, but I have never gotten this message before.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny