DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera won't stay pointed straight down

jaybrad

Premium Pilot
Reactions
When flying yesterday I noticed that I could rotate the camera to point straight down, but when I took my finger off the wheel on the RC, it rotated back up about 15 degrees. The firmware is up to date, I'm running 1.4.8 on an iOS. I've recalibrated and restarted, but it still persists.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks,
Jay

Have you tried it while the drone is sitting on a flat surface with the motors idling?

Have you tried it while the drone is sitting on a flat surface with the motors idling?
I haven’t. But I did reach out to DJI who said that as a safety mechanism, once the drone moves the camera angles up a bit to prevent damage. It was pretty windy the last time I flew which may have been a factor.

I’m hoping to get out soon on a reasonably calm day to try and pay closer attention to what happens and when.

Yes, the gimbal will move during hard acceleration and deceleration. It is most noticeable in Sports Mode. You'll probably also notice it in Normal Mode, especially when you've just set up an awesome shot, hit record and then started moving, LOL...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser