DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy the Mavic 2 Pro

I would not recommend the fly more kit. The bag sucks and the "charging hub" only charges 1 battery at a time. I bought a third party charger that does all 3 + remote at the same time for around 40 bucks. Look for a backpack for cameras with adjustable walls. You'll be much happier in the long run I promise.

I would not recommend the fly more kit. The bag sucks and the "charging hub" only charges 1 battery at a time. I bought a third party charger that does all 3 + remote at the same time for around 40 bucks. Look for a backpack for cameras with adjustable walls. You'll be much happier in the long run I promise.
Did you get the Fly More kit?

I regret ordering a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller and DJI Care from DJI directly. On Web checkout page it says Free shipping via FedEx, UPS, or DHL. It doesn't mention anything about Adult Signature required until you receive a tracking email.

The order was placed Wednesday and shipped Thursday via FedEx for delivery Saturday. Very efficient to this point. I tried contacting FedEx to find out about what time the package would be delivered, or routed to FedEx store in the next town or left at front door without signature (my FedEx acount has this on record). After going through numerous FedEx voice prompts and voice messages it finally connected to a Representative whose only answer was they would contact the hub from where the delivery truck was sent and they would get back. 1/2 hour later received a tracking email saying same old same old to expect delivery by end of day up to 8 PM.

After waiting from 7 AM to 4PM (having wife keep vigil while showering) we finally left house. Sure enough on return home there was a FedEx door tag saying delivery requiring signature was attempted at 5 PM. Unexplictly the next attempt would be made Tuesday not Monday. Doing a search there is no mention of a holiday tomorrow Monday.

There are 3 problems here besides having no ability to get information on delivery time. One is today, Sunday, was to be used for setting up the Pro 2 and reading manual. Second, DJI Care started 1 year term Saturday before delivery. And finally, no one will be home Tuesday to sign for the package.

I tried contacting DJI but chat was closed on weekend and to use Contact email you need a serial number.

I've done my due diligence and will let package be returned. Having used an American Express card I know getting a refund is not a problem. Will now do what I should have done in first place, order from Amazon using my Prime Account. Only reason I didn't originally was so I wouldn't have to go through extra step to order DJI Care.

Hope this experience helps others who may be in same situation.

I regret ordering a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller and DJI Care from DJI directly. On Web checkout page it says Free shipping via FedEx, UPS, or DHL. It doesn't mention anything about Adult Signature required until you receive a tracking email.

The order was placed Wednesday and shipped Thursday via FedEx for delivery Saturday. Very efficient to this point. I tried contacting FedEx to find out about what time the package would be delivered, or routed to FedEx store in the next town or left at front door without signature (my FedEx acount has this on record). After going through numerous FedEx voice prompts and voice messages it finally connected to a Representative whose only answer was they would contact the hub from where the delivery truck was sent and they would get back. 1/2 hour later received a tracking email saying same old same old to expect delivery by end of day up to 8 PM.

After waiting from 7 AM to 4PM (having wife keep vigil while showering) we finally left house. Sure enough on return home there was a FedEx door tag saying delivery requiring signature was attempted at 5 PM. Unexplictly the next attempt would be made Tuesday not Monday. Doing a search there is no mention of a holiday tomorrow Monday.

There are 3 problems here besides having no ability to get information on delivery time. One is today, Sunday, was to be used for setting up the Pro 2 and reading manual. Second, DJI Care started 1 year term Saturday before delivery. And finally, no one will be home Tuesday to sign for the package.

I tried contacting DJI but chat was closed on weekend and to use Contact email you need a serial number.

I've done my due diligence and will let package be returned. Having used an American Express card I know getting a refund is not a problem. Will now do what I should have done in first place, order from Amazon using my Prime Account. Only reason I didn't originally was so I wouldn't have to go through extra step to order DJI Care.

Hope this experience helps others who may be in same situation.

So what's the problem? You weren't home during the delivery when signature was required. I would hope it would be signature required for something like this. The cost is too much to leave it out. People are all the time claiming their packages are being stolen off their front porches. Fedex gives other options such as to pickup at the facility/store. Why did you not go that route, plus then you don't have to wait.

FedEx nor DJI did anything wrong from what you wrote. "Due Diligence" would have been to be at the delivery location the entire window of time FedEx said or making other arrangements.

You could still have your shipping/pickup changed and get your drone Monday.

If I have something that needs a signature and I don't want to wait, I just have them deliver it my work.

and a "fly more" package, as I'm sure I'll need batteries. Is there a lot of variation in price, or does DJI have that nailed down across suppliers? Going to pull the trigger in the next day or so. Biggest fear is to find the same thing for $200 less right after I place my order.

Yes Sams club has it online for 1449. Shipping is about 7$
Good luck

So what's the problem? You weren't home during the delivery when signature was required. I would hope it would be signature required for something like this. The cost is too much to leave it out. People are all the time claiming their packages are being stolen off their front porches. Fedex gives other options such as to pickup at the facility/store. Why did you not go that route, plus then you don't have to wait.

FedEx nor DJI did anything wrong from what you wrote. "Due Diligence" would have been to be at the delivery location the entire window of time FedEx said or making other arrangements.

You could still have your shipping/pickup changed and get your drone Monday.

If I have something that needs a signature and I don't want to wait, I just have them deliver it my work.
I live in a fairly rural area and in 31 years have not had anything stolen or removed from my front porch. In addition, my FedEx account says leave at front porch. In calling FedEx the FedEx representative said only DJI could request a change in delivery. In this day and age with customer service being important and the ability to use computers to schedule or at least tell the customer a window of time for a delivery, t is quite unreasonable to expect someone to wait home 12 hours.

As for your comments as regards delivering at work, you are only looking at your own situation. Other people's work involves moving around to different and variable locations.

As for your believing I should have been home for a full 12 hours, your view of the world is quite constricted. I wish I had your life and thus did not have time on Saturday for:
  1. Getting car inspected
  2. Shopping for the week
  3. Being able to spend time on the first nice Spring day with my family outdoors.
Sincerely,
Martin

bingo, it is same that i did, and never had issues with delivery.
as of people saying fly more kit is not good - dunno, i like it and i like the bag. everything fits fine in it, and i use it to store drone, 3 batteries ans smart controller. in the front pocket it fits extra props and filters set. i like that bag batter than any of my photo backpacks, but, it is just an opinion.

i agree about fedex - their inability to comprehend that customer satisfaction is actually important was in my opinion a major driver for a lot of people to stop using online stores that use them for delivery. amazon prime delivery is excellent, at least in my area.

Reactions: Bryce steiner
bingo, it is same that i did, and never had issues with delivery.
as of people saying fly more kit is not good - dunno, i like it and i like the bag. everything fits fine in it, and i use it to store drone, 3 batteries ans smart controller. in the front pocket it fits extra props and filters set. i like that bag batter than any of my photo backpacks, but, it is just an opinion.

i agree about fedex - their inability to comprehend that customer satisfaction is actually important was in my opinion a major driver for a lot of people to stop using online stores that use them for delivery. amazon prime delivery is excellent, at least in my area.

I also like the Fly More kit. I actually like the idea of it charging one at a time quicker rather than all at the same time slower. I asked the person who posted the negative if he actually had it. I guess not. The bag is quite nice and compact.
I don't care for FedEx either, but if I knew that I couldn't be there for that time frame I would make other arrangements. I certainly want a signature because I've had it where a person in my house bought an iPhone and it showed it was delivered. I went to my house within 15 minutes of the deliver and it was not on the porch where it was stated to be. I called Apple and they sent out another immediately. Later I found out they delivered it to a house 5 down from me. Our houses are clearly numbered but FedEx driver apparently couldn't read. The house owner found it right next to their bushes when they were taking out the trash. And that is why I do everything to make sure they get a signature.

Reactions: Coskier
I got mine at Fry's Electronics with 20% off coupon. Knocked a big chunk off the $1499. Fly more kit on Amazon was $322, so I got the whole package for under $1500. That included 3 batteries, car charger, extra props, case and charging block.

Woah! Great deal. Where did you find the coupon?

Reactions: Bryce steiner
and a "fly more" package, as I'm sure I'll need batteries. Is there a lot of variation in price, or does DJI have that nailed down across suppliers? Going to pull the trigger in the next day or so. Biggest fear is to find the same thing for $200 less right after I place my order.

Craig’s list

Amazon!

I signed up for the Fry's email list and they send the offer via email. It is not really a printed coupon. Fry's gives you a secret word to tell the greeter. The morning(Sunday) I went, it was good for the first 40 people through the door who mentioned that code word. The greeter hands you a coupon for 20% off most things in the store. Some electronics such as game consoles are not valid. I was waiting in the parking lot when the doors opened. My understanding is they offer this every couple of weeks.

Reactions: Trollistika
I signed up for the Fry's email list and they send the offer via email. It is not really a printed coupon. Fry's gives you a secret word to tell the greeter. The morning(Sunday) I went, it was good for the first 40 people through the door who mentioned that code word. The greeter hands you a coupon for 20% off most things in the store. Some electronics such as game consoles are not valid. I was waiting in the parking lot when the doors opened. My understanding is they offer this every couple of weeks.
Ok, I'll do the same! Thxs. Love that store!

The greeter hands you a coupon for 20% off most things in the store. Some electronics such as game consoles are not valid.
How about DJI drones?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929