DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend an Android tablet similar in size to an iPad mini?

Wow! You've got that running the Fly app smoothly?
I've tried 3 tablets with similar specs and the DJI app would not connect to the controller (regardless of the cable)
I've got the verizon Asus Z8S and that seems to be playing very nicely with the Fly app. But your's has a bigger screen and a better price than even the Z8S. ($105 on ebay)
how is the Asus in the sun?

I just bought one as well (WiFi and Verizon). 7.9" 16GB + expansion slot up to 128GB, 2048x1536, Snapdragon 652, 3GB RAM, Wi-Fi and 4G LTE, GPS/GLONASS.

Worth a shot for less than $100.
where did you get that?

Have a look at the Huawei M3, M5 or the new M6 for the best Android flying tablets.
All three are outstanding.
isn't the m3 dimm? the huawei m series are fantastic tablets, and heard good things about the T series. stay away from the lite.

isn't the m3 dimm? the huawei m series are fantastic tablets, and heard good things about the T series. stay away from the lite.
According to specs the M3's brightness is 427 nits
M5 = 401 nits
For comparison the iPad Mini 4 = 412 nits

If you want something the size of a mini,I think your best bet is the 7 or 8 inch galaxy tab A. 10 inch tablets you have all kinds of options from the tab s5(e), personally I'd go for a tab s3 or tab s4 for my drone. There's also the Tab A 10 inch.
The Tab A will not work, I have one and can't even download the DJI Fly app. So try a Tab S model.

If you want something the size of a mini,I think your best bet is the 7 or 8 inch galaxy tab A. 10 inch tablets you have all kinds of options from the tab s5(e), personally I'd go for a tab s3 or tab s4 for my drone. There's also the Tab A 10 inch.
HI...My experience with the Samsung 8 inch Tab A has been fine with the FLY app. However, I am upgrading due to some issues that are annoying. First the Tab A does not have an internal compass. Therefore, your compass in the FLY software will never be accurate. If you maintain line of sight flying, that is not a huge issue. Also, because of low RAM memory, you cannot directly load the FLY software and updates from the PlayStore. You would need to download it from an APK Mirror site. Again, do-able but frustrating. The Tab A does do the job however if you can live with that. I recently saw it for sale new at Costco for $100. Good luck.

So I purchased a used iPad mini 4 back when I bought the Mavic Mini last year. I've stopped using it with my new MA2 as I keep getting the dreaded CPU overloaded issue. For now I just use my S20+ and can screen record with no issues.

I'd like to try an 8" Android tablet this time as I don't want to invest in used Apple gear that is frankly overpriced (IMHO) with an outdated processor. Any recommendations on a model that has a decent CPU that won't experience the same issue? Or is the iPad mini 5 the go to for most of you? Thanks.

Ipad Mini 5, without question. IOS works best with DJI, why settle for less?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne