DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone talk me out of buying BT-300 glasses

I can't really offer any advice on these googles but I can say I'm in pretty much the same predicament as you. I've had the DJI googles and the BT300's in and out of my Amazon basket numerous times. Have never pulled the plug on either.
I do know that there are numerous very helpful threads in this forum that may be of some help with your decision.
Good luck with your googles when you do decide.
I'm also interested in this topic. I bought the DJI goggles and immediately returned them - huge, heavy, need a VO at all times -- I guess if you're racing the DJI goggles would be the way to go. But that's not what I do.

The Moverio is more interesting. Maybe I'll try them.

if you are wearing the glasses to fly your drone which of course you will be, then dont forget you will need a spotter close by to you to keep VLOS on the drone as you will not be able to during the flight
the idea of these glasses is to maintain vlos, best of both worlds with these , you have a heads up display and you can see the world around you, perhaps you have them confused with the DJI headset ?

Ya, Don"t buy them and do yourself a favor, take the BETTER HALF out to a nice dinner

Well, I would like very much to do that but she passed away almost two years ago, but if that mouth of yours can bring her back I would gladly return any toys I have bought and take her out every day.

So, if you don't have anything of value to add to my question...just go away.

To everyone else, thanks for the info. The glasses have been ordered and should be here next week.

I have not used the BT-300 controller with the newest firmware as I have the Smart Controller and was able to buy the HDMI control from the BT-35 to use with my BT-300s. So I don't know if the overheat issue was fixed.
How were you able to purchase the HDMI control unit? Did you buy it separate from the BT-35s?

I have the smart controller and the BT-300s with the Rochester Optical inserts, so I don't want to go through the expense of buying inserts for the new glasses and would prefer just the HDMI control unit.

The HDMI control unit for the BT-35e does not retail separately. We do periodically give them away as a contest prize in our facebook group.

The HDMI control unit for the BT-35e does not retail separately. We do periodically give them away as a contest prize in our facebook group.
On the Moverio Youtube page in the community section there is a survery related to selling the HDMI control unit as a stand-alone accessory. This survey is five months old and clearly shows a desire from the public to buy the unit stand-alone. Has there been any talk at Epson to follow through on this and offer it separately? Is there a time frame that we can expect it? I don't want to buy the BT-35s and then have the HDMI unit sold shortly after.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I have had no indication that they will be offered up for retail anytime soon.

I bought these, but couldn't use them with or without corrective lenses. The tears were streaming from my eyes from trying to focus.

The BT-300 glasses work great. I started with the Fatshark goggles then went to the DJI goggles. The problem with both of them is you need to have someone with you because you cannot see anything around you while you are in the air. When using the BT-300 glasses it's like driving with a heads up display. You can see the screens and still see the Mavic and everything around you. they come with sun shades to help when in bright sun. I also wear a baseball cap to keep the sun from getting in behind the glasses. If you need corrective lenses here is a link to Rochester Optical that make corrective lenses that clip into the BT-300s.
I only fly with the BT-300 glasses. I also have a solution if you have a overheating problem. I found using the Epson Soar APP makes the controller run cooler.
Feel free to ask any questions i'm glad to help.
What is the Soar App ?

I bought a set a year ago and rarely use them. Disconnect issues, controller awkward to use. Maybe they’ve improved them but the operating system (android?) seems buggy. Expensive casual purchase, wish I could use them for something else but they have limited dedicated apps. Anyone in Canada want to buy mine?

The glasses are fun. For 10 minutes. But I really prefer the Cristal Sky.

I'm interested to know how you like them and a brief review after you've received them and had a chance to use them a bit.

The glasses are fun. For 10 minutes. But I really prefer the Cristal Sky.
Funny you mention that ... I actually swapped out my glasses for a 5.5" CrystalSky, and the experience was much better!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ