DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone talk me out of buying BT-300 glasses

The BT-300 glasses work great. I started with the Fatshark goggles then went to the DJI goggles. The problem with both of them is you need to have someone with you because you cannot see anything around you while you are in the air. When using the BT-300 glasses it's like driving with a heads up display. You can see the screens and still see the Mavic and everything around you. they come with sun shades to help when in bright sun. I also wear a baseball cap to keep the sun from getting in behind the glasses. If you need corrective lenses here is a link to Rochester Optical that make corrective lenses that clip into the BT-300s.
I only fly with the BT-300 glasses. I also have a solution if you have a overheating problem. I found using the Epson Soar APP makes the controller run cooler.
Feel free to ask any questions i'm glad to help.

I have read that the Epson Soar app is a cut down version of DJI GO 4. Can you make adjustments to the camera during flight or do any changes need to be made with the normal DJI app. So far I haven't been talked out of buying them!

I saw these glasses in an advertisement and thought they would be just what I'm looking for. The sun here is pretty bright and I can't always see my ipad even with sunshade and a screen cover. Even when I can, when I look at the ipad and look back up, many times I can't find my drone in the sky without taking it higher or performing an RTH. I've read everything I can find on them and most of the problems I've seen are heat related and it does get warm here during the summer especially. Does the 2019 version have heating problems or any other problems that may make me regret a decision to buy them. They really do seem to be a great alternative.
There are some excellent youtube video reviews of the BT - 300 glasses that would be worth looking at for prospective buyers. As I recall, one or two testers were blown away by the experience and they are high on my shopping list wants. But since they've been out for a while, I'm waiting to see if a newer version might not come out soon that addresses some of complaints about these glasses.

I would love a pair of these, but can't justify £600 to the wife, I'll just keep an eye out for someone to copy this idea at a much more justifiable price point

I have both the BT- 200 and BT-300 glasses, they are great, I recommend the BT-300, the flying experience is fantastic, it is a lot better than using any phone or tablet, the only issue is the lack of documentation, Videos from both Epson and DJI, if you can afford the high price, you will love it

I was wondering what you considered benign temperatures? I'll be flying in around 90 degree F temps.
"Benign" is pretty much indoors, less than 78 degrees.

I use my B300 every time I fly
I also typically need reading glasses (+3) but I see the projected screen nicely without the readers and do not use them with the moverio. The only issue I experienced was basically the first 2 or 3 uses times to train my focus as I found I was seeing imperfectly overlapped screens because of the proximity to my face. Now it takes less than a minuted to bring the screens to coordinate.
While they come with 3 lenses I find the clear would only be suitable at dusk or after dark but the the light from the projection makes it hard to see the drone at any substantial distance.
I found the dark lens to hard to see the drone at any distance also but the screen projection is FANTASTIC with that lens.
So for me the the middle lens is perfect. I find that now as high as I have ever flown I can keep the drone in view while seeing all the info from the projection screen also.
My only regret will be when Epson brings out a model that will have bluetooth connectivity and I didn't wait for that edition.

I was wondering what you considered benign temperatures? I'll be flying in around 90 degree F temps.
When flying in 90 degree weather especially in bright sun light the controller will overheat and cause problems. Here are pictures of what I came up with to correct any over heat problems.
This mount holds the controller great and when it is very hot out I just put the cover on before taking off and the controller stays cool enough to stop any problems.
IMG_1420.JPGIMG_1950.JPGIMG_2206.JPG

When flying in 90 degree weather especially in bright sun light the controller will overheat and cause problems. Here are pictures of what I came up with to correct any over heat problems.
This mount holds the controller great and when it is very hot out I just put the cover on before taking off and the controller stays cool enough to stop any problems.
View attachment 74026View attachment 74027View attachment 74028

That's the biggest problem with my decision. I live at the coast in North Carolina. When the controller overheats or goes out completely, it sounds like you can still control the M2P. Is that correct? Is that a small fan on top of your mount? Looks like a good idea. I wonder if they could lower temps by changing their covers to white to at least stop the sun from providing extra heating. Also, does it normally overheat in those temperatures using the DJI GO 4 or both that and the SOAR app. I've read that the SOAR app doesn't run as hot as the DJI app. Thanks for the help.

Take care and happy flying!

A temperature-proof (but not cheap) solution is: Smartcontroller + BT35E

I looked at that but right now it has to be one or the other. Can't afford both right now and it sounds like the 35E doesn't work without a display device which is why I wanted the 300's. It doesn't seem very hard to me for them to be able to control the heat problem without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Also, check You Tube posts for more "reviews".

I've checked out a rather large pile of youtube videos but can't find one that even mentioned overheating. I did notice that most people were wearing long sleeves or jackets while doing reviews which still leaves me with the overheating problem I might have during the summers here. I'm now looking for people that have flown in 90 degree sunny weather and have had good experiences or bad. I've only had one that said I would have problems in the kind of heat I'm stuck with.

I've checked out a rather large pile of youtube videos but can't find one that even mentioned overheating. I did notice that most people were wearing long sleeves or jackets while doing reviews which still leaves me with the overheating problem I might have during the summers here. I'm now looking for people that have flown in 90 degree sunny weather and have had good experiences or bad. I've only had one that said I would have problems in the kind of heat I'm stuck with.

I looked at that but right now it has to be one or the other. Can't afford both right now and it sounds like the 35E doesn't work without a display device which is why I wanted the 300's. It doesn't seem very hard to me for them to be able to control the heat problem without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
If you have the DJI Smart Controller the BT-35 is what you want. If you don't have the Smart Controller then the BT-300 is correct.

It took me a while to get the hang of my Moverios
BUT once I got help from this forum and other sources
I JUST LOVE THESE THINGS
My only problem now is TIME TO FLY

Ok, thank you all for the input. I was going to buy this morning but was waiting for the overheating issue to be raised. Since it doesn't really seem to be a problem I think I will buy some. I guess I can return them if there is a problem.

Take care and happy flying!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore