DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can fly but cannot video

singerg

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The truth is that I am new at this. I got myself a mavic mini. I finally got it to fly, so communications between the aircraft and the controller seem to be ok. But using a cellphone I get a display saying "aircraft disconnected", and as a consequence (or perhaps besides it) it will not obey video or photo commands, or display on the cell what the camera sees.
I have no idea of what to do next. I would like to talk to someone who may have ideas about it.
I should add more info:
Cells used: Huawei P20, and later Samsung Galaxy A22. Also, just in case Android is not good enough, I tried using my iPad. Neither of them showed what the camera would see. They all display the same line " aircraft disconnected". Using the record and the shutter button has not effect.
I am using DJI Pilot.

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America singerg.

They all display the same line " aircraft disconnected". Using the record and the shutter button has not effect.
I am using DJI Pilot.

I don't have a Mini, but the DJI FLY app is what you need to fly the Mini.

You can get it here at the DJI download center.

THANK YOU !!! Unable to find the right app (it is missing from Play Store) I was loading the wrong app. Your solution solved my problem. ! Thank you very much!

THANK YOU !!! Unable to find the right app (it is missing from Play Store) I was loading the wrong app. Your solution solved my problem. ! Thank you very much!
DJI or Google pulled the DJI apps from Play Store months ago. We all in the Android scene have to go directly to DJI to get the app first time. After you load, you can set up auto update or not. Make sure you are logged into your DJI account on FlyApp or you won't fly far and leave it logged in. You'll get messages pop up on your device to update every so often. You can update or not - really your choice. You "DO" have to go into your FlyApp settings to check for firmware updates and Fly database updates simply by clicking each item to see if it needs to update.

You probably won't get many firmware updates for the Mini, as it is an older model and will probably be phased out eventually - kind if forcing people to upgrade. I started with the Mini myself and then moved up to the Air2. Way better on the Air2 to fly and control, plus longer range flying, better photos / videos, etc.

Play with the Mini a lot and get the hang of things and if you know someone who has an Air2 / 2S - check it out and you'll see the many differences that make it a worthy upgrade - or not. I keep my Mini for out of USA travels, as it's small and can fly under many of the countries I visit "registration / fly" rules much like here in the US.

Lastly - buy a couple of extra sets of props. You'll need them for the Mini, as "crashing" is almost inevitable and typically the props are what take the hit - so a cheap fix. Look at State Farm or other 3rd Party Insurance to cover your drone as well. SF charges like $65 a year for FULL coverage including theft. That way you don't have to deal with DJI on replacing it should you have bought or buy the Refresh coverage they offer. Many, many posts / comments on said subject you can search in the forum.

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy flying the drone now you got it set up properly. Many YouTube videos on the Mini from basic to advanced - so watch them to see what the experts say and do to fly and have lots of fun.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21