DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I lower the low battery warning?

Engelsione

Reactions
Its factory set at 30%,but to me at 30 still has some juice left. I set it up at 19%.

Please let me know feedback on this.

It's set at 30% to warn you and allow you time to fly home. I watched a video yesterday of a guy "copterTube" on YouTube, who flew out to get video of a cruise ship departing at sea. If he had waited until 19% remaining, he may have had a sunken drone.

My understanding is that you typically don't want to run your battery down completely either, or it may shorten battery longevity. This page, for example: Top tips for happy Phantom, Inspire and Mavic batteries says to leave 25% charge in the battery or it may shorten it's life (that page was for Phantom, not Mavic, but I assume the author would apply the same rule to a Mavic). That seems a bit extreme to me, but I don't plan to take mine much below 20% when I can help it. Since it only takes a quick return to home and a few seconds to swap batteries, there's really no reason to run it down below that point.

Long story short, I'd set it higher than 19%.

Reactions: go fast
You can certainly lower your battery warnings, however you had better keep your eye on the battery level and use good judgement to bring it back before it drops out of the sky. This means, Oh, let me get that last shot in while I am out there!

On the coptertube guy, I give him kudos for flying out in the winds out into the sea. Having said that, his infringement on those ships and privacy of their customers will most likely ban anyone from filming moving vessels. I personally don't mind a quad flying and taking pics. At the end of the day, my iPhone has gathered enough data for the CIA to know what time I took a piss during the day... We are all under surveillance.

Can you relly on baterry return home funtion and not have a warning until it trigers?

I dont relly on it but it has saved my mavic twice.

If left to your own judgement, mistakes can happen.

Is there a way to lower the volume of the low battery warning beep through the app or just turn the volume down on the phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998