DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I set to fly over 500 ft.?

Engelsione

Reactions
New on this forum! Just got my Mavic yesterday. Can i override the 500ft. Flying altitude?

Yes. You can fly up to 500 meters over top of the takeoff location.

It will not go over 500 meters as msinger told you stock .
It can be changed but we do not allow any posting of hacking of Firmware here in our forums . You can search elsewhere for that .

Are you in the United States?

You do know that unless you are avoiding another aircraft or similar emergency you are height limited to somewhere around 400 feet AGL BY LAW.

There is a reason for this, and should you choose to do otherwise, and something goes wrong, it is going to put yet another nail in the sUAV hobby.

If you have your part 107 you can get a permit from the faa to fly over 400 feet. I have no idea how it works but I read it on their website...

Are you in the United States?

You do know that unless you are avoiding another aircraft or similar emergency you are height limited to somewhere around 400 feet AGL BY LAW.

There is a reason for this, and should you choose to do otherwise, and something goes wrong, it is going to put yet another nail in the sUAV hobby.

Can you cite that law? Or is this an opinion from the FAA? I keep seeing this put up, but nobody can show the statute that specifically forbids this.

Thanks

Can you cite that law? Or is this an opinion from the FAA? I keep seeing this put up, but nobody can show the statute that specifically forbids this.
400' limit is a recommendation, not a regulation. Been discussed to death.

Since the OP has had their sUAV for a couple of days, let us assume they are not Part 107 licensed,

It is my opinion that in that case they are operating under the blanket COA issued under Part 333, and that is where the 400' limit comes from.

I'm not the Drone Police, I'm just expressing an opinion.

It is all fun and games until someone gets knocked down, knocked out, or knocked up.

I find some of these FAA regs to be complete and total BS, and maybe once or twice I may have technically been in violation of a few of them, if you decide to interpret the regulations in a different way it is no skin off my teeth.

For HOBBYISTS, The 400' limit is part of the FAA "safety guidelines". It's not a rule or a law - for now. But we want to be a safe pilots, right? So we follow the guidelines.

If you want to play at really high altitudes, look at kites or weather balloons. You can put cameras on both and get REALLY high. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229