DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use a.....

RewoP

Reactions
I have a Mini 1 and bought the MagiMask...... I know once flying you cant switch modes without taking off the headset... Is there a 3rd party remote that would work with the Mini 1 that would have a button to switch modes with??

I have a Mini 1 and bought the MagiMask...... I know once flying you cant switch modes without taking off the headset... Is there a 3rd party remote that would work with the Mini 1 that would have a button to switch modes with??
It's no 3:rd party remote control for any of the DJI drone models & usually the different RC's from DJI aren't interchangeable between models either. So if you don't have a hardware mode switch on the RC ... that's it.

I have a Magimask that I occasionally use with my DJI Air 1 which have a lot of HW buttons on the RC so can manage most of the functions like take a photo, start/stop video & change mode directly from buttons ... but can't change exposure settings, need to reach the screen for that.

So tried with a small cheapo BT gamepad/rocker mouse ... & yeah, it worked but it was fiddly to use when going several steps down in the menu, so abandoned it & settled with only using the goggles for fun flying without photography tasks.

This was what I used ... will probably work ok if you just want to push a screen button located directly on the live view or maximum early in the menus.

AliExpress Wireless Gamepad Video Joystick Bluetooth 3.0 Self Timer VR Remote Music Control Game Controller PC Joypad For iOS Android

1647163049009.png

It's no 3:rd party remote control for any of the DJI drone models & usually the different RC's from DJI aren't interchangeable between models either. So if you don't have a hardware mode switch on the RC ... that's it.

I have a Magimask that I occasionally use with my DJI Air 1 which have a lot of HW buttons on the RC so can manage most of the functions like take a photo, start/stop video & change mode directly from buttons ... but can't change exposure settings, need to reach the screen for that.

So tried with a small cheapo BT gamepad/rocker mouse ... & yeah, it worked but it was fiddly to use when going several steps down in the menu, so abandoned it & settled with only using the goggles for fun flying without photography tasks.

This was what I used ... will probably work ok if you just want to push a screen button located directly on the live view or maximum early in the menus.

AliExpress Wireless Gamepad Video Joystick Bluetooth 3.0 Self Timer VR Remote Music Control Game Controller PC Joypad For iOS Android

View attachment 145206
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones