DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use waypoints with a standard controller and the DJI Fly app?

nick0

Reactions
Hello all,

Can somebody tell me if the DJI app supports waypoints? I'd quite like to plan a flight and then set my Mini 2 off on it. I was tinkering with the app last night but I don't have the drone or the controller to hand presently (off for repair), so it seems that all options aren't working on the app without the controller and drone connected.

Thanks,
Nick.

Hello all,

Can somebody tell me if the DJI app supports waypoints? I'd quite like to plan a flight and then set my Mini 2 off on it. I was tinkering with the app last night but I don't have the drone or the controller to hand presently (off for repair), so it seems that all options aren't working on the app without the controller and drone connected.

Thanks,
Nick.
Would be really cool, but I don't think it's possible right now. Litchi may do it at some point, but not yet.

Reactions: nick0
Would be really cool, but I don't think it's possible right now. Litchi may do it at some point, but not yet.
If and when Litchi does it, it'll be the way Dronelink does it, by virtual stick commands (which means it'll be heavily dependent on how good your smart device is, and needs constant reliable connection to the drone).

There's no waypoint on the Mini 2, and won't be in the SDK either when DJI releases it.

Reactions: nick0 and DaveLewin
We are totally at the mercy of DJI and their development of the software development kit (SDK) which gives 3rd party software developers the ability to write software to control DJI’s drones.
I had the Mini 1 and used Dronelink to provide really good waypoint and mission automation functionality (Albeit only via virtual stick) when DJI had no support with their standard Fly app. I now have the Mavic Air 2 and Dronelink supports it too, but it’s still in beta (Due to DJI’s SDK having some issues which have not been addressed as of yet) Unfortunately for Mini 2 owners I don’t think the SDK yet supports it. Hopefully this will only be a short-term thing, because some of the stuff I’ve been able to do with Dronelink, Mini 1 & Air 2, is amazing and well worth the (Modest) licensing fee they charge!!

Reactions: DaveLewin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan