DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone remove the DJI account to unlock the drone and unbind it?

Impossible for anyone except the person who owns the DJI account.

There's a guy in China who claims he can do it for $250, so it's not completely impossible.
It wouldn't surprise me this can be hacked because the problem is super prevalent just begging for a solution.

It's obvious that this is a safety feature that protects the owner. You must ask the owner to unbind the drone from their account.

BUYER BEWARE

Reactions: GadgetGuy
It wouldn't surprise me this can be hacked because the problem is super prevalent just begging for a solution.
Yeah, it's like, “How do I change the name on the pink slip on a found or stolen car/drone to me?”! LOL!

I bought a Air 2S Fly More Kit that was a Amazon Return from a 3rd party. For the last 2 1/2 months I have begged DJI to unbind it from the previous owners account. They (DJI) said they will contact the previous owner via email that the drone is bound to and ask them to remove it from his/her account. I now have a very expensive paperweight.

I bought a Air 2S Fly More Kit that was a Amazon Return from a 3rd party. For the last 2 1/2 months I have begged DJI to unbind it from the previous owners account. They (DJI) said they will contact the previous owner via email that the drone is bound to and ask them to remove it from his/her account. I now have a very expensive paperweight.
Amazon's A to Z Guarantee should be invoked! That's exactly what it is for! The 3rd party seller sold you a paperweight!

Reactions: vtcats
Have you found a fix?
I purchased a drone in person & I nor DJI can get a hold of the owner

Can you help me how can i contact that guy?
Nope. Either he or the mods deleted his account from the forum shortly after he made that claim, so I no longer have access to the PM's exchanged with him regarding his claim to be able to unregister the prior account owner.

Reactions: Zenithorizon
You now have a paper weight. How did you pay?
Oooof, I paid through cashapp.
It flies fine. it's bound to the controller So I can fly it fine. But when I contacted DJI to unbind account they said they reached out to the original owner and original owner refuses to unbind it and nothing they can do.
Was hoping to upgrade to a RC Pro but I can't since this controller is bound to this mavic 3 I'm stuck.

Oooof, I paid through cashapp.
It flies fine. it's bound to the controller So I can fly it fine. But when I contacted DJI to unbind account they said they reached out to the original owner and original owner refuses to unbind it and nothing they can do.
Was hoping to upgrade to a RC Pro but I can't since this controller is bound to this mavic 3 I'm stuck.
Get rid of it while you still can; I'm just saying. o_O

• Sad
Reactions: Feek
I couldn't pass the problem to someone. I wouldn't sleep well at night knowing I did that.
You said it was working fine, right? Sell it as working fine and disclose to the seller that the drone is bound and cannot be reversed. Or sell it for parts only. There are people out there who love a challenge and may be able to hack the drone. As long as you know the drone is not stolen, be honest and disclose everything you know and let the buyer make up their own mind.

That would be despicable...just completely dishonest
It's the same [disposal] advice given by DJI: "To protect your benefit, we suggest contacting your seller for a refund or replacement service."

You said it was working fine, right? Sell it as working fine and disclose to the seller that the drone is bound and cannot be reversed. Or sell it for parts only. There are people out there who love a challenge and may be able to hack the drone. As long as you know the drone is not stolen, be honest and disclose everything you know and let the buyer make up their own mind.
Fair point. That's actually the rub there. I think it may be stolen. I even contacted DJI about it.
Here's a thread I made on the current situation.
Bit of a weird corner I'm in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne