DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the camera roll angle be controlled dynamically

Aldo

Reactions
Hello,

i was wondering if i can control the roll angle in a dynamic way via the controller while i´m flying to get shots like in the Inception movie where everything is turning?

I couldnt find anything on the internet, when im seachring on google people are often asking how to calibrate the roll angle but thats not what im searching for so maybe i´m not describing it in the right way?

If its not possible with the DJI GO 4 App, maybe a different app does allow to do it?

On this video that was shot with an inspire at 2:15 minutes you can see a shot as i would like to do it:

Is it possible that particular shot was done in post processing?

Maybe but i think the Inspire gimble can do it. But anyways i would like to know if the mavic2zoom can do it. I think from a technical point of view it should not be a problem to program this function into the software?

That function doesn’t exist in the zoom at this time. Whether DJI will implement something like that would be a guess at this point. Inspire capable of that feature? I don’t remember that it was, but I don’t have that aircraft any longer to confirm.

Unfortunately there are so many gimbal movements and controls that are limited on the M2, many of these are standard on the Inspire and are really missed on the M2. Yaw, roll controlled from the RHS control wheel, switching pitch to yaw with the C1 or C2 button, centering the gimbal (without pitching down) and I'm sure there's more. All these make filming very tricky without the use of third party apps. I'm sure they could be fixed with a firmware upgrade. Lets all lobby DJI.

Try FPV mode, you cannot control the gimbal on the M2Z or any mavic for that matter. Your best option my be in post production.

If your talking about moving the Gimble in flight it can be done very easily simply press down on the screen and drag to where you want it to point it’s that simple

That only provides yaw (turning side to side)
There is a roll adjustment in the settings but it is intended for horizon error which does occur to some degree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman