DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you get a good deal buying DJI Spark while visiting China?

JamesA

Reactions
I live in Michigan and have a co-worker visiting China in January. He is more than willing to pick one up for me f the price is right.
This actually Xtreme Drone Pilots fault based on one of his recent posts regarding a deal on the Spark at Target. The only difference is I want a RC controller. So because the bug that XDP planted is contagious I am going for it too.
So, is there anything I need to be aware of buying it in China and bringing it home to the US?

Thank you in advance.

It's legal, problem is the firmware and the way it communicates with the controller and DJIgo will be in Chinese. If you have your Freind by one, have him check if it support s English. I have bought a few items directly from China, and have ran into this problem.

You won't have a language issue, the TX power is set by country your in via phone / tablet / cs, language is set by phone

I found the crafts were only slightly cheaper in China but accessories were less than half price, so maybe worth buying one from target if its a good price & getting RC & extra batteries from China

I was watching a video of a guy at THE DJI store there in China, and I wasn't impressed. (If I can find it, I will try to post it in this thread). Anyway, there was an information card at each model, and I was amazed the price was at retail price or a little higher than US prices. That was at the main DJI store, but it is possible they could be sold cheaper here and there in the cities...just not at DJI stores themselves.

You will run into warranty issues if repairs are required in the USA. DJI USA will consider it gray market and not honor warranty repairs.The same goes for other electronic and cameras purchased outside the USA with most companies.

As has been posted here a few times, even legitimate purchases with legitimate warranty claims dji have requested money for the repair

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3