DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you Reset to Factory Setting?

KillaMavic

Reactions
ok..
So no real problems with my new Mavic
Flies really well... learning to fly more in Sport Mode and building Distance up.... around 600/700 m away!!!

But the one thing I thought I'd never use( just wanted a Drone to fly around with) or "get into" is the Camera element... but I find I'm filming more and more and taking Pictures but every now and again it does looks out of Focus or white out??... think someone Told me the pics had a "over exposure " issue.

I've messed with some settings on the Camera side but to be fair I can't remember the Default setup...

Any ideas??

2 examples before I'd touched anything!

Regards
Dale

Attachments

• IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
The "EV" value at the top, right of DJI GO should show "0". You can adjust it via the scroll wheel on the top, right of the remote controller. That'll resolve the exposure issue from your first photo.

Ahhhh that could be the old School boy error as I think i spun that by Accident!!

Reactions: Blades
ok..
So no real problems with my new Mavic
Flys really well... learning to fly more in Sport Mode and building Distance up.... around 600/700 m away!!!

But the one thing I thought I'd never use( just wanted a Drone to fly around with) or "get into" is the Camera element... but I find I'm filming more and more and taking Pictures but every now and again it does looks out of Focus or white out??... think someone Told me the pics had a "over exposure " issue.

I've messed with some settings on the Camera side but to be fair I can't remember the Default setup...

Any ideas??

2 examples before I'd touched anything!

Regards
Dale
I believe you can go into the camera menu and there is a restore defaults option.
Regards,
-d.

The "EV" value at the top, right of DJI GO should show "0". You can adjust it via the scroll wheel on the top, right of the remote controller. That'll resolve the exposure issue from your first photo.
Not entirely true. Many times I have set this value to "0" only to get over exposed or under exposed video. Many times I have to set to +1 or -1 to get even close. I wish we could just set to manual ISO and Cloudy or Sunny and it would do minute adjustments to keep the exposure correct. It's impossible to concentrate on the flight when we're constantly having to adjust ISO. I can start video recording with good exposure, then make a turn, or a cloud comes over, and all of a sudden the exposure is totally wrong. In have given up on the AUTO ISO. DJI might just as well just leave that feature off the Mavic.

Not entirely true. Many times I have set this value to "0" only to get over exposed or under exposed video.
Video is a trickier beast since the exposure needs to be constantly tuned as lighting conditions can change during your flight.

Video is a trickier beast since the exposure needs to be constantly tuned as lighting conditions can change during your flight.
Exactly, and that's why so many pilots just use auto ISO so they can concentrate on flying.

Exactly, and that's why so many pilots just use auto ISO so they can concentrate on flying.
Yep. It all depends on the outcome you're expecting. I don't like shooting video in auto since it causes the exposure to change while I'm flying. Auto works great for photos though.

Yep. It all depends on the outcome you're expecting. I don't like shooting video in auto since it causes the exposure to change while I'm flying. Auto works great for photos though.
Yep. Those who are flying solely to get great video should use M settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww