DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you tell me why the change?

Explain where you get the images from EXACTLY when browsing on the device. It will hold various thumbnail sizes and that's what you're coming across. There is an option to automatically download full size but that won't alwas work on its own, and you have to sometimes do it manually.

But again forget about the app if you get mixed up with that and get them from the card on a computer.

Wouldnt the drone act as a card reader if i connect directly to the computer?
Yes.

Reactions: Thomas B
“There is an option to automatically download full size but that won't alwas work on its own, and you have to sometimes do it manually.”

-where would i find this option? TIA

If you are using a Mavic 2 pro to shoot stills, your original images would be 5472×3648 pixels.
But the image you posted is less than 1/4 of that size at 2227 × 1485.
You are not looking at a full-sized original image but a much smaller cached version.
That's why it goes to pieces when you enlarge it.

To see your real images, you need to pop the SD card, put it in a $3 SD card reader and put that in your computer.
Thank you- this says it all! I wasn’t getting you at first but “dawn” finally “broke on Marblehead” ( a local colloquialism)
I have found i can only download hi-res images directly from the drone. I understand now that Using the SC/GoShare will always result in some loss of resolution. (Whether a lot or a little)At first it was not a big deal but as you saw more recently (and the reason for this thread) apparently it will sometimes provide little to poor quality resolution. It was easier at first but now i understand better what I’m working with. I still dont know how or why it copied from the cache instead of the card, but I dont so much care as I understand better what I am working with.
Thanks to you, Phantom Rain and Kilrah!

Here’s what i was complaining about (this was from my DJI photos- dont know if that means its compressed):
View attachment 124078
so
Wouldnt the drone act as a card reader if i connect directly to the computer? I have difficulty handling items as small as a micro SD card
I never remove my SD card. I just plug into the drone and down load to computer. Then I delete the images off the card.

I never remove my SD card. I just plug into the drone and down load to computer. Then I delete the images off the card.
You can do that, but it's much slower and less convenient.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86