DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you turn off the autolanding feature?

The "landing protection" parameter OP is looking for is usually something like
g_config.flying_limit.avoid_ground_and_smart_landing_enable

I tried that setting and it turned out the M3 wouldn't even land at 0% battery. It descended to two feets above ground and stayed there.
Now I'm wondering if it just falls down if the battery is really drained and possibly damaged. Before I would find out I landed it manually ;-)

I tried that setting and it turned out the M3 wouldn't even land at 0% battery. It descended to two feets above ground and stayed there.
Now I'm wondering if it just falls down if the battery is really drained and possibly damaged. Before I would find out I landed it manually ;-)
When you turn off the auto landing feature, you need to land it yourself, by holding the left stick down, or hand catching it, which is the much preferred method.

No , I have never seen the drone just fall out of the sky on a low battery , it will land nicely.
I have been able to go past zero percent on the mavic 3 before landing as I was keeping the stick up the entire trip home in the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. , Land on the Water

Reactions: GadgetGuy
No , I have never seen the drone just fall out of the sky on a low battery , it will land nicely.
I have been able to go past zero percent on the mavic 3 before landing as I was keeping the stick up the entire trip home in the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. , Land on the Water
I have had one fall out of the sky when the battery got so low it could no longer sustain flight, which only occurred after several cells dropped below 3.0V which was over 2.5 minutes past 0% remaining battery. It survived unscathed, as it "safely" crash landed on sloping roof, with forward momentum, but not enough to slide over the edge! Took 24 hours to locate it, though! If you never let any cell drop below 3.0V, you'll still have enough power to land it vertically at any time.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ