DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you turn off the autolanding feature?

Heavydpj

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey all, is there a way to turn off the auto-landing feature?

I'm talking about the automatic stop and hover about a foot off the ground before landing.

There are times when I want to hover lower than the autolanding feature, and there are other times when I want to land on a moving boat. For boats, I simply hand-catch, but it requires me to set my altitude, then match the forward velocity with the boat while I do the hand catch with the other hand. Completely doable, but I'd like to be able to straight-up land.

I've turned off the vision position, but that doesn't seem to help, and I've also tried it in Sport Mode, but that doesn't seem the help either. Am I missing something, or am I stuck with it?

Hey all, is there a way to turn off the auto-landing feature?

I'm talking about the automatic stop and hover about a foot off the ground before landing.

There are times when I want to hover lower than the autolanding feature, and there are other times when I want to land on a moving boat. For boats, I simply hand-catch, but it requires me to set my altitude, then match the forward velocity with the boat while I do the hand catch with the other hand. Completely doable, but I'd like to be able to straight-up land.

I've turned off the vision position, but that doesn't seem to help, and I've also tried it in Sport Mode, but that doesn't seem the help either. Am I missing something, or am I stuck with it?
Cover the landing sensor on the bottom , you will be able to land when needed.
The downside is that you can very easily slam into the ground so be very careful .

Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Float on Water.
Phantomrain.org

Until an SDK is released, we are stuck with the Fly (cr)app. DH or any other 3rd party app is not an option at this time.
How about using DH app and changing the parameters? It is possible with MA2, I presume it would be also with M3.

Until an SDK is released, we are stuck with the Fly (cr)app. DH or any other 3rd party app is not an option at this time.
DH claims parameter hacking of M3 is possible with their app 1.25. Can't you just pull all parameters off AC and search for everything that has "landing"?

It is annoying even when not on a boat.

DH claims parameter hacking of M3 is possible with their app 1.25. Can't you just pull all parameters off AC and search for everything that has "landing"?
That type of hacking is very limited at the moment, i have checked and it gives the option to increase accent and decent speed only. Not much until they can figure this drone out then most will be paid via a license.

That type of hacking is very limited at the moment, i have checked and it gives the option to increase accent and decent speed only. Not much until they can figure this drone out then most will be paid via a license.
That's on sliders, did you check Advanced Parameters?

That's on sliders, did you check Advanced Parameters?
In DH version 1.25 you need to go to Advanced Parameters and change the line bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect to 0. It will prevent forced landing when your drone reaches low battery.

Last edited:
I can see that that has temporary advantages if you are caught short of battery over water but does it stop the drone shutting down shortly thereafter?
Is there not also a risk that it would encourage flying to 'dangerously' low levels of battery?

In DH version 1.25 you need to go to Advanced Parameters and change the line bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect to 0. It will prevent forced landing when your drone reaches low battery.
This was discussed here (as well as advantages and disadvantages) but is concerns a (critically) low battery situation. I believe OP wanted to turn off auto landing feature, which is a different thing. There are other parameters listed in the post I mentioned that might be helpful. I am not an expert and will refer to others for providing the exact parameters that need to be changed.

I can see that that has temporary advantages if you are caught short of battery over water but does it stop the drone shutting down shortly thereafter?
Is there not also a risk that it would encourage flying to 'dangerously' low levels of battery?
Low Battery Autoland descent is initiated at 10% remaining battery, so, no, the drone doesn't shut down shortly thereafter. Battery failure generally happens at roughly 2 minutes of flight after reaching 0% remaining battery on the display. Anyone wanting to cancel the 10% battery autolanding descent over water is already actively engaged in flying the drone back, and needs to merely stop the forced descent until the drone is back over dry land. Currently, one has to apply full up throttle to counteract the descent, and maybe gain a little elevation. Overriding it would give one full control over ascent and descent, while bringing the drone back safely between 5-10% battery, well before 0% is reached, let alone 0% + 2 minutes.

Reactions: Roberto Smera
The "landing protection" parameter OP is looking for is usually something like
g_config.flying_limit.avoid_ground_and_smart_landing_enable

What is DH? Based on this discussion, it is not Drone Harmony.

• Haha
Reactions: EP32k2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998