DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you use a locked phone as a monitor?

PeteS2017

Reactions
Like many people in the UK, I would like to use a Huawei Ascend T2 (AKA the 'Wunderphone') as a cheap alternative to the Crystal Sky. I notice that you can sometimes buy it over here, but it is locked to Cricket, a mobile network in the USA, and Cricket won't give you the unlocking code until you have used it on their network for six months.

Does this mean you won't be able to install the Go 4 and Litchi apps, and will therefore not be able to use it?

Like many people in the UK, I would like to use a Huawei Ascend T2 (AKA the 'Wunderphone') as a cheap alternative to the Crystal Sky. I notice that you can sometimes buy it over here, but it is locked to Cricket, a mobile network in the USA, and Cricket won't give you the unlocking code until you have used it on their network for six months.

Does this mean you won't be able to install the Go 4 and Litchi apps, and will therefore not be able to use it?

The locked phone will still get WiFi so you can use it.

Reactions: ksmusa
I use an old phone that has no cell service.it still has a working wifi.. thats all you may need. I like this because i do not want to worry about my phone ringing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deluxone