DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot upgrade Mavic 2

koffe

Reactions
As described in another thread, I have no camera view on my iPad. After talking to people I decided to try an upgrade. Possible downgrade first and upgrade after that if it would not let me do it direct, as I already have last firmware.

So, I downloaded Assistant 2 from DJIs webpage. Viewed the tutorial a couple of times and then followed that with full battery. But I cannot connect the M2Z as Windows does not recognize the USB from the drone.

Now I am stuck with a 1 month old M2Z. Any suggestions?

As described in another thread, I have no camera view on my iPad. After talking to people I decided to try an upgrade. Possible downgrade first and upgrade after that if it would not let me do it direct, as I already have last firmware.

So, I downloaded Assistant 2 from DJIs webpage. Viewed the tutorial a couple of times and then followed that with full battery. But I cannot connect the M2Z as Windows does not recognize the USB from the drone.

Now I am stuck with a 1 month old M2Z. Any suggestions?

Try downloading and installing the DJI Assistant app again - maybe it will install the needed drivers. I think there is also a thread somewhere (maybe DJI forum) on installing the drivers.

What version of Windows?

Can you impose on a friend or relative to try doing it on another computer?

good luck

Reactions: Thomas B
Try downloading and installing the DJI Assistant app again - maybe it will install the needed drivers. I think there is also a thread somewhere (maybe DJI forum) on installing the drivers.

What version of Windows?

Can you impose on a friend or relative to try doing it on another computer?

good luck

I did contact DJI support and they showed me how to install the driver, but so far it did not work. I am waiting for their 3rd answer.

I use Win 10 and have already tried on a second computer. And with 3 different cables.

It seems that Assistant 2 should be ok as it recognizes the RC on both computers

Had a similar problem so I tried the original cable that came with my SC and it worked, a lot of the cables are only for charging and will not transfer data so if you have more cables to try you might get lucky.

Normally, charge only cables will not have a USB symbol on the connector.

1st verify that you have a USB-C cable. It is not the same as the one connecting to the RC. That is a Micro AB or Micro B if you are careful.

After connecting the USB-C cable to your AC and computer (verified operational port) and turning on the AC, does your computer signal that it is connected? If not, you have a cable or connector problem.
If so, rt clk on the start menu and clk Device Manager. Under Ports... do you see DJI USB Virtual COM (COMxx)?
If so, open that. Under Drivers, mine is
Provider: dji-innovations inc.
Date: 12/6/2012
Version: 5.1.2600.5512
I am assuming that is the latest one, but yours may be different.

You should also have entries under Universal Serial Bus Controllers ==> USB Mass Storage Device
Open each one and look for one with a bunch of numbers for a Location. Mine is

If either have a Warning symbol next to it then the driver is not installed correctly.
If neither are there, look under OTHER. Any there will probably have the warning symbol as they are there because Windows doesn't recognize them.

If only the Mass Storage entry is there, the system sees the device but did not connect it to a COM port. That one I don't understand and I have a device (not DJI) that occasionally doesn't set the COM port and I have to replug it to get the entry.

If you are stuck, I would UNINSTALL the driver, and check delete the driver. Then reboot the computer and see if W10 reinstalls the driver automatically. If not do a manual install.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissapeterss