DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't ascend/descend while RTH

The legal altitude limit in France is 120m, measured as the shortest path between the drone and the terrain. I can set the max. altitude in the DJI Fly app as 500m, which is still within the rules at half-height of an 1300m high mountain (as I'm only 15-20m above the trees). As shown on the fig. above, the RTH without altitude change would come back above me in a level path, which would violate laws very quickly.

In fact one of the biggest issues is the O/A system. That keeps you from YAW in RTH. It must be completely disabled including the RTH override they hid in the Go 4 App under Advanced settings..took me forever to find that in GO 4.

I have seen the latest firmware is causing issue in RTH Yaw, but height has always worked. Need more data to confirm Yaw issue in Fly App. They may have added the toggle to shut off Sensors in RTH like Go 4?
My mavic air 2 can't yaw in RTH but going up an down still working . My fly app is asking me to update at the start ㊙㊗???

I can't understand how you are getting to an altitude of over 400 meters. I can't get over 395 ft. above T/O position
The drone has two altitude limits.
One is the hardwired absolute maximum of 500 metres.
The other is a user-configurable Max Altitude Limit for which the default setting is 400 ft, but the user can change that to whatever they choose.

Reactions: dawgpilot
he other is a user-configurable Max Altitude Limit for which the default setting is 400 ft, but the user can change that to whatever they choose.
As a pilot of fixed wing aircraft I'm not about to climb above 400 ft here in the US..but I didn't know that you could set your own limits. I just don't like the idea of having to look out for drones where I wouldn't expect them to be but close to the terrain in mountainous areas is not a place to be in any case for fixed wing aircraft. I think that's a sensible law they have in France. Our regulations need tweaking but I'm not optimistic.

I think that's a sensible law they have in France. Our regulations need tweaking but I'm not optimistic.
That rule is the same as the US rules.
US drone rules are about the height of your drone above the ground below it too.
There are no rules about your height above launch point because there are many places where the land is not pancake flat.

what a concept..I thought the earth was flat? ;) I guess I'll have to tear up my 107

That keeps you from YAW in RTH. It must be completely disabled including the RTH override they hid in the Go 4 App under Advanced settings..took me forever to find that in GO 4.
Are you saying that somewhere in the Go4 app is a setting that allows me to yaw a Mavic 2 whilst RTH'ing?
If so PLEASE tell me where exactly I can find it, I would LOVE to be able to yaw in RTH but, having seen this thread, I can not find the option. Thanks

Are you saying that somewhere in the Go4 app is a setting that allows me to yaw a Mavic 2 whilst RTH'ing?
If so PLEASE tell me where exactly I can find it, I would LOVE to be able to yaw in RTH but, having seen this thread, I can not find the option. Thanks
There is no particular setting for this.
You just use your left joystick to control the drone's yaw.
Go out and test it.

You can also do the same if flying a Litchi waypoint mission.
Litchi flies the waypoint route and you can steer the camera to wherever you want.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There is no particular setting for this.
You just use your left joystick to control the drone's yaw.
Go out and test it.

You can also do the same if flying a Litchi waypoint mission.
Litchi flies the waypoint route and you can steer the camera to wherever you want.
Thanks.
I have tested it in flight, just prior post #27, and I can not yaw a Mavic 2 Pro during an RTH.
I do however have the recollection of being able to yaw during RTH and possibly move perpendicular to the RTH flight path but I can't remember if that was with the Phantom 3 or the Mavic Mini or the Mavic 2.
I can certainly yaw the Mavic Mini during RTH, I tested that just after testing the Mavic 2 Pro.

Thanks.
I have tested it in flight, just prior post #27, and I can not yaw a Mavic 2 Pro during an RTH.
I do however have the recollection of being able to yaw during RTH and possibly move perpendicular to the RTH flight path but I can't remember if that was with the Phantom 3 or the Mavic Mini or the Mavic 2.
I can certainly yaw the Mavic Mini during RTH, I tested that just after testing the Mavic 2 Pro.
Of course you can't yaw when in RTH is you have obstacle avoidance active in RTH.
The drone would want to face forward at all times for OA to work.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute