DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect Mavic with CS

jmorse62

Reactions
I have been using my CS with a Mavic and had no problems. Took it out to a job today and I could not get the CS to connect to the RC. I tried rebooting everything several times and nothing. When the cable is plugged into the CS nothing happens, it is supposed to and previously brought up the little pop up asking what app to use. I had to go back to the Samsung S7 and deal with all the pixelation issues.
Suggestions?

When the cable is plugged into the CS nothing happens, it is supposed to and previously brought up the little pop up asking what app to use

At a guess, you've picked a different app (by mistake perhaps) and clicked 'Always', instead of 'Just once' ?

There must be a setting somewhere to undo this desision?

I tried plugging into the micro USB on the side and everything works fine. I ordered a new usb-c cable, if that doesn't work I guess the usb-c port on the CS is bad...?

I use the Polar Pro mount. I really like the quality of the mount and how it fits into the controller.

I have been using my CS with a Mavic and had no problems. Took it out to a job today and I could not get the CS to connect to the RC. I tried rebooting everything several times and nothing. When the cable is plugged into the CS nothing happens, it is supposed to and previously brought up the little pop up asking what app to use. I had to go back to the Samsung S7 and deal with all the pixelation issues.
Suggestions?

Well I appear to have an 800 dollar brick....

I have tried EVERYTHING, and I believe I have, and I can't get the CS to work with the Mavic pro.

Tried both the US-C, and micro-USB.... neither works.

Did this effort in futility multiple times - and on different days.... I think I am done!

Makes no sense. Sop friggeng tired of trying!

Last edited:
Suggestions?

Did you do a Factory Reset on the CS ??

Are you getting anything when you switch the CS on or is screen just black?
If they'res nothing, try taking the batter off and leave it overnight. I had this problem and leaving the battery off reset it.

Yep - did the whole reset thing.... And the CS starts up just fine.

And I tried it on my Phantom 4 Pro, and that works no problem!

So it is a Mavic Pro/CS issue....

I called it a brick because I really use the Mavic more, and I really wanted it for that... Its going to Antigua in November!

I really am at a loss.

We seem to have two different queries going on here, a bit confusing.
Jmorse, did you get the new cable?
ICollector, if the crystalsky works OK with your phantom, then the problem must be the mavic rc. Have you tried different leads?
You might be better transferring this to a separate post, so I'm not the only one getting confused and you might get further advice.

Last edited:
I got the new cable and it works great. I really like the big bright display compared to a phone screen. It also makes sense that it works better since it is made for one thing and only does one thing. I might contact Sprint and see if it can connect to there cellualr data service.

I used a longer cable and found it nice to have the CS sitting on the truck of the car and just holding the remote.

I might contact Sprint and see if it can connect to there cellualr data service.

I take it Sprint are a cellphone provider in your country? Do they offer WiFi hotspots too, is that what you mean?

Or will you just use some USB dongle/modem to connect to the cell network?

Could you not just hotspot the CS to your phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS