DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't fly indoors

Jck

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum with all the latest firmware updates. I live within 4 miles of a Navy Jet Base. (This means a No Fly Zone). However, I want to fly indoors but it will not let me start up the drone. Any suggestions?

Reactions: norm256
Depends on your level of experience with drones, flying indoors is usually not a good idea. A lot of crashes happens when trying to fly indoors. Not worth the heartache seeing your drone hitting the wall or ceiling and crashing on the floor.

Depends on your level of experience with drones, flying indoors is usually not a good idea. A lot of crashes happens when trying to fly indoors. Not worth the heartache seeing your drone hitting the wall or ceiling and crashing on the floor.

The prop protectors actually work pretty well for side bumps if the hIt isn’t too hard and it’s not from above or below.

Maybe you could elaborate for the OP. That dosen't explain much....
Here's what it looks like for a Phantom.
All you have to do is block GPS signal by covering the GPS antenna area in the front half of the Mavic.
i-M45s6SC-L.jpg

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum with all the latest firmware updates. I live within 4 miles of a Navy Jet Base. (This means a No Fly Zone). However, I want to fly indoors but it will not let me start up the drone. Any suggestions?
I know the feeling live in so close to Oceana air base I tried the same thing I have a platinum also. I just purchase a miniature drone called the Tello's and right now I'm enjoying myself flying all through the house.

Here's what it looks like for a Phantom.
All you have to do is block GPS signal by covering the GPS antenna area in the front half of the Mavic.
i-M45s6SC-L.jpg
Correct me if I am wrong but don't you also need to make sure the Go4 app has no access to internet or gps or it will still know where it is?

I would think that there must be some downsides to downgrading the GO app. Are there?

I used their tool to break the altitude restriction for my work in Mexico. Being close to the border of the US and the AirForce gunnery range, I occasionally get the "restricted airspace" warning before takeoff which I can acknowledge and dismiss in the older version of the firmware. Otherwise, my Mavic Pro works just fine.

For those who question why anybody would need to fly higher than the established limit, this image shows a 1600 m diameter crater from about 800 m elevation. I have had to go over a km high on occasion.MacD and Sta.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25