DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't play video taken from M2P...

Jhun80

Reactions
Got my mavic 2 yesterday, never get a chance to test video, Pictures were good. Saved videos in SD card but the video or video cache wont play. Usually on my Platinum it plays. Am i missing some settings? What are the new encoding formats, H.264 and H.265? Does it have something to do with it? Thanks

What are you trying to play it on, I would have thought the cache should play even if you selected 1080p.
H.265 which you have to use for dLOG is very demanding and even quite decent spec computers will struggle.
The 10 bit and 100 bitrate at 4K are part of the issue.
You can record at 2.7K or 1080p

Reactions: Jhun80
What are you trying to play it on, I would have thought the cache should play even if you selected 1080p.
H.265 which you have to use for dLOG is very demanding and even quite decent spec computers will struggle.
The 10 bit and 100 bitrate at 4K are part of the issue.
You can record at 2.7K or 1080p
From my phone S9+

Got my mavic 2 yesterday, never get a chance to test video, Pictures were good. Saved videos in SD card but the video or video cache wont play. Usually on my Platinum it plays. Am i missing some settings? What are the new encoding formats, H.264 and H.265? Does it have something to do with it? Thanks
Even the video thumbnail wont displayScreenshot_20180911-104205_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20180911-104214_Gallery.jpeg

Cleared video cache too and swapped with 64gb sd card but still wont play on y phone with no thumbnail. Haven't tried on my PC yet

Btw, i have this error everytime i pressed the record button. I have 128gb sandisk u3 and been using it for my MPP, also formatted it from the drone itself, internal memory also cleared. Am i missing some settings?View attachment 46170
This refers to caching the video on your phone/tablet. Not what is going on with the SD card in the drone. Turn off or limit size of video caching on your device.

The app is talking about the cached video downlinked to your phone, not the video being recorded on the card on the AC. You can install an SD card on your mobile and select in the app to cache to it instead of Mobile's internal storage. Since doing that, I noticed video lag on live feed that I didn't have before on my HTC 10. Could be coincidence that I had too many apps running in the background or too hot. It was burning batt and hot all that day.

Reactions: Trees138 and Jhun80
Try changing the video format to MP4.

This refers to caching the video on your phone/tablet. Not what is going on with the SD card in the drone. Turn off or limit size of video caching on your device.
I turned off "Cache locally when recording" and it doesn't show this error message anymore . But on my phones gallery I cant see the video, i have to go to DJI Go4 gallery button to see the videoScreenshot_20180912-103316.jpeg

I have installed sd card and recording on it, not the internal memory

I turned off "Cache locally when recording" and it doesn't show this error message anymore . But on my phones gallery I cant see the video, i have to go to DJI Go4 gallery button to see the videoView attachment 46251
Let’s take a step back.

There is:
  1. Internal memory.
  2. Removable memory. (SD card)
  3. Cell phone memory.
1 and 2 are in the drone.
There is 8GB of “internal storage” that can never be removed. It’s some memory card deep inside the guts of the Mavic. I guess it’s there in case you for get an SD card.

You can record video to either the internal storage, or your removable SD card. There’s a place in camera setting to change that. That’s where all the highest quality video gets saved. That’s the video you import into your computer and edit.

Then there is number 3, your phone.
Your phone comes with some amount of memory. As you take photos, download games, etc, your phone’s memory slowly fills up. That’s what the message you posted above is showing. You need to go through your phone and delete any apps or games you don’t use. You need to transfer all your photos and videos to your computer, and then delete them off your phone. That’s really the only way to make space for it to cache video. Deleting clips off the SD card (or the drones internal storage) won’t help. It’s your phone’s memory that’s filled up.

On the topic of the phone’s video cache, it’s pretty low quality. It’s just your phone doing a screen recording of your live feed. It may still be nice, but nowhere near the quality of the same clip on the SD card.

265 don’t play on the latest iPads, nice one dji, did you not think to check that?

Obviously but that isn't DJI's problem if the device you want to use doesn't support H265 o_O
H264 doesn't support 10bit so they have no choice but to use H265 for that, they didn't just do it to annoy you.

Last edited:
Let’s take a step back.

There is:
  1. Internal memory.
  2. Removable memory. (SD card)
  3. Cell phone memory.
1 and 2 are in the drone.
There is 8GB of “internal storage” that can never be removed. It’s some memory card deep inside the guts of the Mavic. I guess it’s there in case you for get an SD card.

You can record video to either the internal storage, or your removable SD card. There’s a place in camera setting to change that. That’s where all the highest quality video gets saved. That’s the video you import into your computer and edit.

Then there is number 3, your phone.
Your phone comes with some amount of memory. As you take photos, download games, etc, your phone’s memory slowly fills up. That’s what the message you posted above is showing. You need to go through your phone and delete any apps or games you don’t use. You need to transfer all your photos and videos to your computer, and then delete them off your phone. That’s really the only way to make space for it to cache video. Deleting clips off the SD card (or the drones internal storage) won’t help. It’s your phone’s memory that’s filled up.

On the topic of the phone’s video cache, it’s pretty low quality. It’s just your phone doing a screen recording of your live feed. It may still be nice, but nowhere near the quality of the same clip on the SD card.

FYI my phone still have 92gb of free space so it won’t be a problem for the cache videos. And when you looked at my gallery the new M2 video thumbnail is not showing it’s grayed out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique