DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't win for losing on this Android tablet situation.

Each to his own opinion.
The opinion, that only an iPad will work is quite wrong when there are so many examples of flyers using Android devices which give flawless performance.
Fly with whatever you like, just get a good one.

The opinion, that only an iPad will work is quite wrong when there are so many examples of flyers using Android devices which give flawless performance.
Fly with whatever you like, just get a good one.

Ah, apologies..... I must have missed that! Would you be so kind as to point out exactly where that claim was made?

Many thanks.

Reactions: bp328i
I made the Tab A 8 inch work with the stock cable on the MA2 controller, I had cable issues as well and just made it work. I had to turn off video cache mode and put it in smooth mode instead of HD in the DJI fly app because I had jitter/lag issues, it works great now, minus the no compass part. I think you have to have an OTG cable, I had to get one to get it to work on my mini with a longer cable. so a C connector OTG that will allow you to put a micro usb cable to it if you want a longer cable should work with the MA2. I tested out a couple of adapter/bracket options I saw online and 3d printed a few and ended up using the same thing I use for my mini but in a different way to connect it. MAVIC Air controller foldable mount for iPhone 6/iPad mini 4 by CyberCyclist I use a folder type case on my tablet as it's just a little big for the 8 inch and it works great. It's bootleg and not centered due to cable length but it works.20200610_171437.jpg20200610_171441.jpg20200610_171506.jpg20200610_171541.jpg20200610_171547.jpg

Or get one of the many Android tablets that work just as well.
Another die-hard Android user here, no Android tablet works just as well.

As much as it pains me to say it but they just don't. The more recent iPads (like the Mini 5) rival and beat the performance of more expensive laptops while most Android tablets run older or under powered processors.

Another die-hard Android user here, no Android tablet works just as well.

As much as it pains me to say it but they just don't. The more recent iPads (like the Mini 5) rival and beat the performance of more expensive laptops while most Android tablets run older or under powered processors.
This is just bunk.
Although some on the forum make similar unsubstantiated claims, it's still not at all true.
I've been flying for 6 years with a range of Android tablets without a glitch.
Many other users report similar experience.
If my tablets work flawlessly, how could the one you're recommending be any better?

This is just bunk.
Although some on the forum make similar unsubstantiated claims, it's still not at all true.
I've been flying for 6 years with a range of Android tablets without a glitch.
Many other users report similar experience.
If my tablets work flawlessly, how could the one you're recommending be any better?
Please, tell me which tablet you're flying with that's perfect.

I use to think the same way. When I had my Phantom 4 Pro I bought the best at the time Samsung tablet. I would occasionally have choppy feeds or a green and purple line run across the screen. I chalked it up to bad location. I kept reading how Apple iPads worked better with DJI, my buddy had a 9.7" iPad Pro he let me try. Later that day I bought my first Apple product, the 9.7" iPad Pro.

I use to think the same way. When I had my Phantom 4 Pro I bought the best at the time Samsung tablet. I would occasionally have choppy feeds or a green and purple line run across the screen.
And that proves what?
Please, tell me which tablet you're flying with that's perfect.
The Huawei M3 and M5 have proved to be superb flying tablets with three years of hard professional use..

And that proves what?

The Huawei M3 and M5 have proved to be superb flying tablets with three years of hard professional use..
Oh so you're talking high-end, from the BEST Android hardware manufacturer there is? The ones that cost about the same as an iPad, from the company that makes their own processors, gotcha, ??? point proven.

Until you have tried one you will never get it, I didn't. You have a great night...

Last edited:
Oh so you're talking high-end from the BEST Android hardware manufacturer there is?
The ones that cost about the same as an iPad, from the company that makes their own processors, gotcha, ??? point proven.
I'm at a loss to see what point you think you've proved ??
You asked what Android tablet performs well and I answered with two that I have personal experience with.
For some reason, that's not good enough for you, but why is a mystery.

I don't remember anyone saying that an Android tablet must be cheaper than the Apple device, but since you seem to think it makes a difference now ...
Huawei M3 or M5 $ 349.95
iPad mini 5 (wifi only) $384.95
Or if like many users, you want GPS in your iPad, pay even more.

Until you have tried one you will never get it, I didn't.
And still don't.

And that proves what?

M3 and M5 costs the same as iPad mini5 so wheres the point?
I'm android user myself but have to admit that DJI Fly works far better on my mini5 than on my 3 months old Samsung S20+ ...
plus Huawei 'status' as a valid Androids device manufacturer is ehm, a little bit unclear so wouldnt risk buying it
just my 5cents

M3 and M5 costs the same as iPad mini5 so wheres the point?
As pointed out above, they don't cost the same.
The point is that users don't have to use Apple technology if they don't want to.
They can get equal (or better) performance from ANdroid devices.
The often repeated myth that DJI apps run better on Apple is absolutely false.
I'm android user myself but have to admit that DJI Fly works far better on my mini5 than on my 3 months old Samsung S20+ ...
That it runs better on your iPad than on one particular Android device isn't proof of anything.

Reactions: hidroela
I'm a die hard Android user - tablets and phones.

Do yourself a favor....... get an iPad Mini 5 to use just with your drones.

I did exactly this, and I don't regret it (currently flying MM and MA2).

Stay safe!
I would have thought a big Android fan would have went for the Huawei Mediapad M3/M5 or M6
Huawei Resolution 2560 x 1600 8.4 inch
iPad Mini Resolution 2045 x 1563 7.9 inch

Cheers

The point is that users don't have to use Apple technology if they don't want to.

That it runs better on your iPad than on one particular Android device isn't proof of anything.
ok,
1. you can get Apple refurbished mini5 for cheaper than Huawei tablet
2. it s proven that the app is better optimised for ios than android so even on price-wise comparable devices it will run better on ios ALWAYS
3. never ever experienced apps (Go4 of Fly) crash in ios, on android happened to me multiple times ( loads of fun when happened in-flight)
4. back to 2. - apple devices are using a few CPUs only while android runs on almost everything (analogy to OSX and Windows) so apps will run better ALWAYS, anyways if app runs better on device worth I'll say 400euros than on device worth 1000euros, theres your answer

...to clarify, I'm not an Apple fan-boy just not willing to risk my 1000euros drone flying it on something which might work ...or not

I would have thought a big Android fan would have went for the Huawei Mediapad M3/M5 or M6
Huawei Resolution 2560 x 1600 8.4 inch
iPad Mini Resolution 2045 x 1563 7.9 inch

Cheers
....would you spot the difference in resolution without magnifying glass? don't think so :)

I have had my finger hovering over the buy button for a Huawei Mediapad m5, 2 concerns one will it work two my wife might kill me [emoji6]
dont risk, get ipad :D
by default, wives goes around better with ipad than android devices ... to make her even happier, get apple pen so shell be able to draw flowers on it :D
...and God forbid to mention that its gonna be used to fly drone only :D

2. it s proven that the app is better optimised for ios than android so even on price-wise comparable devices it will run better on ios ALWAYS
That's not been proved at all and it couldn't be as it's flat out untrue
It's a baseless myth that people like you repeat.
It's literally Fake News
. never ever experienced apps (Go4 of Fly) crash in ios, on android happened to me multiple times ( loads of fun when happened in-flight)
You've had issues with one (or some?) Android devices, so they must all be no good?
What about all the members of this forum that happily manage to fly with their Android devices?
How does your experience negate theirs?
4. back to 2. - apple devices are using a few CPUs only while android runs on almost everything (analogy to OSX and Windows) so apps will run better ALWAYS, anyways if app runs better on device worth I'll say 400euros than on device worth 1000euros, theres your answer
That's not an answer to anything.
I've read it three times and still can't work out what you are trying to say.
But repeating the myth still doesn't make it true.
...to clarify, I'm not an Apple fan-boy
So you said (not at all convincingly).
just not willing to risk my 1000euros drone flying it on something which might work ...or not
I guess that the M5 works perfectly for many users on this forum, isn't conclusive proof.
It sounds like too much of a risk for you.

Enjoy flying with whatever kind of tablet you choose to.
But don't continue spreading your myth.
It's just not true.

I really don't know why you think you can just come on here bullying people whose opinions run contrary to yours. It's not the first time I have experienced this with you either!

No where in my post did I tell anyone not to use an Android device. Hey.... anyone can use whatever device/platform they choose to. What I have done is state MY opinion as to which platform runs better for ME. And yes, I have tried both platforms.

And the 'myth' that DJI runs better on Apple? I also own an Osmo 3, and there are some features available in the Mimo app that only work on Apple and not on Android. And the DJI Fly app? There are features in the video editor that work on Apple but not on Android. Enough 'myth' for you?

I respect everyone's opinion, and expect the same from others. If you have an opinion to share, please go ahead and do so. But it is totally unnecessary to bash anyone who doesn't agree with you, or claim they said things that they clearly didn't.

Thank you and have a good day!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks