DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Captivating Utah Desert Adventure, Towers, Cliffs, and Canyons

Karlewski

Reactions
This was my last trip to the desert for the 2022 Spring and it was more than I bargained for. Although the climbing was short and relatively easy, the biking, views and rock structures made it well worth the effort! The Incredible OHV roads in this area alone would be a very worthy objective. . . Convinced me to invest in another Duel Sport motorcycle. . . .The San Rafael Swell is such an amazing and diverse resource. That said, it is a bit creepy just how dry it is, essentially no rain for a couple years now in. . .used to be somewhat green in the spring. . .

Nice work. Big fun adventure. The DSW begs to be droned. I would enjoy taking a one to Death Pockets on BLM land. Getting there is a fair challenge though.

Hello Karl,
haven't seen any of your videos for a long time, because I'm still busy editing travel videos for a friend of and I am far from finished with it because he still has about 5 TB of non edited footage. Crazy man!.🤣 I started a year ago and every day, yes really every day! on average 5-6 hours of video editing!
Crazy Swiss man hahahah! Your video is just mega exciting and I enjoyed every second, be it the fantastic scenery, or your athletic performance, just awesome!
Also the drones and other shots are at their best, compliments and stay healthy and lively, so you can still climb many peaks!
Good luck and have fun on your next adventure 👍👍👍
cheers Paul

This was my last trip to the desert for the 2022 Spring and it was more than I bargained for. Although the climbing was short and relatively easy, the biking, views and rock structures made it well worth the effort! The Incredible OHV roads in this area alone would be a very worthy objective. . . Convinced me to invest in another Duel Sport motorcycle. . . .The San Rafael Swell is such an amazing and diverse resource. That said, it is a bit creepy just how dry it is, essentially no rain for a couple years now in. . .used to be somewhat green in the spring. . .
Truly amazing work Karl. I wouldn't even know where to start the compliments. Your climbing, of course. Your filming for sure. and your editing, spectacular. Truly inspiring!!!

Dale
Miami

Nice work. Big fun adventure. The DSW begs to be droned. I would enjoy taking a one to Death Pockets on BLM land. Getting there is a fair challenge though.
Please elaborate on these locations, I am not familiar, I'd love to check them out! Getting there is my specialty. . .

Love to capture & share this stuff, even more, to make it as cool as I can exploring with the drone and revealing it as a captivating edit, the music is a huge piece as well, too to be honest. This one really fell into place after a frustrating start trying to make the biking entertaining, in person, the ride in the washes and on the "ledge road" was really amazing! I am super excited for the mini 3 Pro and RC, I will be doing a Buch more automated follow shots in the future, it is very frustrating trying to do it setting up the N1 with the phone while also juggling the drone while also trying to get ready to ride the bike or trying to ski. . . , OMG PITA. and stuffing that 2 piece controller into my jacket! I've done it many times now and it's neat video but what a stressful effort it is. Simple having a drone in one hand and a one piece controller in the other for a quick hand launch then grab the subject, frame it/me and go will be so much easier. With the N1 I've had the phone separate from the controller trying to pull it out of my jacket!!! Nightmare. . .

Please elaborate on these locations, I am not familiar, I'd love to check them out! Getting there is my specialty. . .

Love to capture & share this stuff, even more, to make it as cool as I can exploring with the drone and revealing it as a captivating edit, the music is a huge piece as well, too to be honest. This one really fell into place after a frustrating start trying to make the biking entertaining, in person, the ride in the washes and on the "ledge road" was really amazing! I am super excited for the mini 3 Pro and RC, I will be doing a Buch more automated follow shots in the future, it is very frustrating trying to do it setting up the N1 with the phone while also juggling the drone while also trying to get ready to ride the bike or trying to ski. . . , OMG PITA. and stuffing that 2 piece controller into my jacket! I've done it many times now and it's neat video but what a stressful effort it is. Simple having a drone in one hand and a one piece controller in the other for a quick hand launch then grab the subject, frame it/me and go will be so much easier. With the N1 I've had the phone separate from the controller trying to pull it out of my jacket!!! Nightmare. . .
It is always amazing to me how you capture yourself! I have written to you before about this. It seems as though you have a photographer along for the hike which you have already explained, you do not. The fade out /fade in conveying time/motion is also a neat trick. How is that done? You continue to remain my hero ads far as this climbing and documenting goes. Very few others have been able to accomplish it.

Dale

The fade in and out of the subject is easier than it looks. It is alway a tripod shot, so every thing stays lined up when cutting the selected clip, then I just cut the clip with, say, first nothing but background in frame, the next cut of the same clip starts with me half way across the frame, then I just slap on a cross dissolve transition between the two clips. . . . nice effect to give it that mystical feel while also only highlighting interesting moments, in my case cool "moves or movement. . ." Also makes a long slow clip quick and interesting while also changing with the beat of the music. . . there's lots more that can be done but, that is the concise answer.

The fade in and out of the subject is easier than it looks. It is alway a tripod shot, so every thing stays lined up when cutting the selected clip, then I just cut the clip with, say, first nothing but background in frame, the next cut of the same clip starts with me half way across the frame, then I just slap on a cross dissolve transition between the two clips. . . . nice effect to give it that mystical feel while also only highlighting interesting moments, in my case cool "moves or movement. . ." Also makes a long slow clip quick and interesting while also changing with the beat of the music. . . there's lots more that can be done but, that is the concise answer.
brilliant! Thanks Karl.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini