DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Car charger design flaw

lomposlapos

Reactions
The car charger can only charge one battery or the 4-battery charging hub. It can not charge the smart controller. Since both, 4 batteries and the SC has about the same battery life (2 hours), this means, you can recharge your batteries after 4 flights but still have a dead SC that either needs a 3rd party car charging solution (yet another piece of weight to drag around) or a trip back to the city.

Last edited:
The four battery charging hub has a connector to charge the RC. It's flush with the "brick" on the long thin edge, with the RC connector next to the the mains input, and needs to be pulled out which I assume is how you've managed to miss it? There's also a picture of it on the bottom of page 7 of v2.0 of the manual.

Either way, it's usually easier to just top up the RC via an in-car USB socket as Magilla Gorilla suggests, or use a powerbank.

....so:

Am I correct? There is no point at all to drag the car charger along (it is another brick for a traveler), because the SC still needs a DC to AC power inverter, so I may just plug in both, the 4-battery charger and the SC charger in the inverter. The SC needs 3 A output, which few cigarette lighter USB chargers produce.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15