DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care plan return time

Greystoner

Reactions
Hi all
I have sent off my broken mini about a week and a half ago. Still no return and no receipt. Getting anxious.
How long does it usually take to get your drone back to uk from Netherlands?

Hi all
I have sent off my broken mini about a week and a half ago. Still no return and no receipt. Getting anxious.
How long does it usually take to get your drone back to uk from Netherlands?
sorry I don't know the answer to that but it might be worth getting in touch with them to ask them to make sure they put REPAIRED ITEM or similar on the lable otherwise you might have to pay a lot of import duty on it as it's coming from the eu

I think for me it was about 3 weeks altogether, might have been 4 but, was in the height of the COVID lockdown here in the UK and Europe around September last year.
It was all handled very well with full UPS tracking both for the send to and send back. A bit longer than I thought it would be, but that was maybe my misconception of the terms when reading the article stating it would be 5 days. The five days is only when the start work on it they will take up to 5 days to tell you what is wrong with it and costs if outside of their care package. The care package is an essential item believe me. It would have cost me £135 to replace a gimble mount if I did not have the care package. Anyway I was just sent a replacement drone and had to register that as well because of the new serial numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks for your helpful reply. I have the care plan but have had no tracking info since dispatching it to the Netherlands. I will contact support to see if arrived safely.

Thanks for your helpful reply. I have the care plan but have had no tracking info since dispatching it to the Netherlands. I will contact support to see if arrived safely.
This is the area that I think fails, as the support emails is different from the repair centre emails. I tried contacting via support and frankly was a waste of time, but once I got a reference number from the repair centre I was able to contact them and see the progress.
But as I said I used UPS to send item to them once which was arranged by them.

I just sent my mini in on the 17th to be replaced under their insurance policy not the warranty. I was told on the phone that it would be approximately 7 to 10 days. DJI generated the label and I printed it and boxed up the drone and sent it by UPS and I foolishly did not write down the tracking # so I can't track it to them. I did hear some horror stories that some people waited months to get the AC back.

This is the area that I think fails, as the support emails is different from the repair centre emails. I tried contacting via support and frankly was a waste of time, but once I got a reference number from the repair centre I was able to contact them and see the progress.
But as I said I used UPS to send item to them once which was arranged by them.
Latest update March 29th
I sent my repair off under the care plan on 10th March from Cornwall UK.
I tracked the parcel with UPS. It arrived at Eindhoven in Netherlands on 13th March.
Since then I have had numerous UPS texts, each one saying the following:
"Your parcel is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible"
I have sent two complaints to the DJI support. First one says they will try to prioritise. This was over a week ago.
2nd one I have asked for a replacement. no reply yet!!
This is dreadful.
Why is there no official repair depot in UK? There must be several good repair shops that could take this on.
I could have repaired this myself. my Mini had a broken leg. Ebay have spares for a few pounds and I am an experienced electronics hobbyist. However I did not want to invalidate my warranty.
I am extremely p***ed off.

Latest update March 29th
I sent my repair off under the care plan on 10th March from Cornwall UK.
I tracked the parcel with UPS. It arrived at Eindhoven in Netherlands on 13th March.
Since then I have had numerous UPS texts, each one saying the following:
"Your parcel is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible"
I have sent two complaints to the DJI support. First one says they will try to prioritise. This was over a week ago.
2nd one I have asked for a replacement. no reply yet!!
This is dreadful.
Why is there no official repair depot in UK? There must be several good repair shops that could take this on.
I could have repaired this myself. my Mini had a broken leg. Ebay have spares for a few pounds and I am an experienced electronics hobbyist. However I did not want to invalidate my warranty.
I am extremely p***ed off.
Yep, I asked it was possible to get a new gimble support leg as that was the only thing broken, everything worked fine, it still flew properly just the camera was a little wobbly which it complained about.
I was told no they do not have spares for the public to repair their machine and it needed to be returned, as it was under warranty I just accepted that and I was sent a replacement drone rather than a fixed one.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal