DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care refresh and DJI being on the entity list

Swiater

Reactions
So I've looked around and didn't see anything on this. How does DJI being on the entity list affect the care refresh program? I'm not 100% clear on it as it is. Do the broken drone get shipped back to China or is there something in the US. And with China being on the list, how would this work going forward? Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Thomas B
So I've looked around and didn't see anything on this. How does DJI being on the entity list affect the care refresh program? I'm not 100% clear on it as it is. Do the broken drone get shipped back to China or is there something in the US. And with China being on the list, how would this work going forward? Thanks for the help!
See above. DJI being on the “entity” list does not affect Refresh.

Reactions: anotherlab
DJI being on the “entity” list does not affect Refresh
Nor does it seem to have affected anything else yet either. Much ado about nothing perhaps?

Reactions: Thomas B
Re "DJI Care Refresh (2-year plan) includes up to 3 replacements in 2 years." Is 3 in 2 years new?

It implies up to 3 claims in a single year, be that year 1 OR year 2 with, of course, the total number of claims for the poilcy being limited to 3

It implies up to 3 claims in a single year, be that year 1 OR year 2 with, of course, the total number of claims for the poilcy being limited to 3
The 2-year option is only available if you buy DJI Care Refresh along with the drone from the DJI Store.

I don't think it's a concern, but if you have any reservations you may want to look into State Farm drone insurance, providing you're flying for recreational purposes. I can't believe how cheap it is. I do have care/refresh for my Mavic 2, but then it occurred to me that if it becomes unrecoverable the money I paid for C/R just got flushed down the toilet (or lake as it may be).

I don't know if it's a mistake or so cheap because I do carry State Farm homeowners insurance (and have for years). But I put my Mavic 2 Pro on the SF insurance and they too $60. I then added my Mini 2 which I did not purchase the C/R coverage... and when the item schedule came it did not have an additional balance due (though I was quoted only $20 additional by my agent). Even $80/year for both drones for ALL RISK coverage- INCLUDING everything that comes with it as long as it's listed is amazing protection. In other words, if my case is boosted with all the goodies inside the whole thing is covered at 100% with no deductible. You don't get that with Care/Refresh. Between my M2 and Mini 1 I gave DJI almost $200, and they would expect similar payment next year. I dunno... The State Farm policy may be too good to be true, but I hope to never have to find out.

Nor does it seem to have affected anything else yet either. Much ado about nothing perhaps?
Totally much ado about nothing.

For one thing I doubt DJI buys any parts from the United States. For another thing there’s a million work arounds so they can get parts.

The tariffs And the list have generated a whole sub industry to get around it.

The 2-year option is only available if you buy DJI Care Refresh along with the drone from the DJI Store.
It's actually a combination of Refresh and Refresh Plus. One difference though is that with Plus you couldn't use the extra Refresh until the 2nd year.

With the 2 year plan (could be called Refresh+ combo) it also extends the warranty for 2 years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580