DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh renewal

jazar

Reactions
I've had my Mavic Pro for over 1 year now and bought Care Refresh when it was new. I never had a need to use it because I have not crashed my drone. Contrary to what you may see in FAQ's and even in these forums, DJI sent me an email offering a renewal for an additional year. That's where the fun began.

One of the requirements is to record a verification video so you can prove to them that your drone is still in working order. There is a long list of things you have to show in your video. Part of the requirement was to fly the drone 200M altitude and 200M distance. I think it is illegal, or at least not recommend to fly a drone over 135M in the USA. Fortunately, they accepted my verification video, even though I only flew to about 60M.

Have you ever tried to fly a drone with one hand while recording the controller and the drone at the same time with another phone in the other hand? How about, video yourself calibrating your own drone? Oh yeah, and another requirement was no editing the video. So I couldn't do the steps one at a time and then piece the video together, one continuous video is required.

Good news, I actually got the video done and got my second year renewal.

Have you ever tried to fly a drone with one hand while recording the controller and the drone at the same time with another phone in the other hand? How about, video yourself calibrating your own drone? Oh yeah, and another requirement was no editing the video.
It should be easy to accomplish with the help of a tripod or a second person to man the video recording.

I've had my Mavic Pro for over 1 year now and bought Care Refresh when it was new. I never had a need to use it because I have not crashed my drone. Contrary to what you may see in FAQ's and even in these forums, DJI sent me an email offering a renewal for an additional year. That's where the fun began.

One of the requirements is to record a verification video so you can prove to them that your drone is still in working order. There is a long list of things you have to show in your video. Part of the requirement was to fly the drone 200M altitude and 200M distance. I think it is illegal, or at least not recommend to fly a drone over 135M in the USA. Fortunately, they accepted my verification video, even though I only flew to about 60M.

Have you ever tried to fly a drone with one hand while recording the controller and the drone at the same time with another phone in the other hand? How about, video yourself calibrating your own drone? Oh yeah, and another requirement was no editing the video. So I couldn't do the steps one at a time and then piece the video together, one continuous video is required.

Good news, I actually got the video done and got my second year renewal.

I just went through the same video verification procedure. They only ask for 120M height and 200M distance, so that's within the legal limits. BTW, I had my wife take the video while I flew the bird. In any case, I think $79 for an additional year of general warranty and crash insurance is a good deal.

I just got an email from them saying I have 3 days left to renew my refresh service.
I was a bit puzzled as I know mine probably expired about 4 or 5 months ago yet they make it seem like it is still active.

Typical DJI in that no where do I see it make a statement about doing any kind of videos, it just asks me for my drones serial number and gives me the impression that once that is put in and I pay the $79 I am good to go.

In my case I can understand verification videos but what about the guy who's warranty is not up for another few days? Why would he need to do a video? If his drone was damaged he would be making a claim before his refresh was up, he would not be renewing!

Rob

I just got an email from them saying I have 3 days left to renew my refresh service.
I was a bit puzzled as I know mine probably expired about 4 or 5 months ago yet they make it seem like it is still active.

Typical DJI in that no where do I see it make a statement about doing any kind of videos, it just asks me for my drones serial number and gives me the impression that once that is put in and I pay the $79 I am good to go.

In my case I can understand verification videos but what about the guy who's warranty is not up for another few days? Why would he need to do a video? If his drone was damaged he would be making a claim before his refresh was up, he would not be renewing!

Rob

I believe that if your current Refresh hasn't expired, you don't need the video proof. If it's expired then you have to prepare the video.

Reactions: Robbyg

Rob
If your Refresh is still active, then you can purchase the extension on that page you mentioned. However, if it's expired, you will not be allowed to complete the purchase without a verification video. Go to the DJI Support Facebook page, and use messenger to contact them. You'll get links to the video requirements and to the way to upload. They need the video uploaded to YouTube by the offer expiration date.

Reactions: Robbyg
If your Refresh is still active, then you can purchase the extension on that page you mentioned. However, if it's expired, you will not be allowed to complete the purchase without a verification video. Go to the DJI Support Facebook page, and use messenger to contact them. You'll get links to the video requirements and to the way to upload. They need the video uploaded to YouTube by the offer expiration date.

My refresh was up several months ago and at this point I just cant see myself buying another policy if it requires jumping through hoops. So far I have been lucky, I have been flying for months without the refresh safety net. If it dos get damaged I will source the parts and fix it myself, if it gets lost well the refresh was going to help anyway.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu