DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for crystalsky 7.85

I've got one of these but was disappointed the inside doesn't have a scratch free surface. I bought it to protect the monitor screen when transported in a Pelican type case that carries all my equipment. Stuck some Velcro (the soft side) on the inside toward the middle of the cover and I hope that works. On the pro side I like that the monitor and cover still fits in the same slot in my hard case.
Hi Dave,
The Material is a TPE rubber, The entire Screen cover is made of scratch-free material
(If these are what you are referring to: DJI CrystalSky - 7.85" Screen Cover

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

View attachment 26551 View attachment 26548

I made it so you can use the pad in the package to line the case

I bought and received my case from Matt and I can vouch that it’s awesome. It fits perfect and is a small investment for my expensive Crystalsky Ultra screen. In addition the material is lightweight yet highly durable. It looks professional as well. Good job Matt!

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Hi Dave,
The Material is a TPE rubber, The entire Screen cover is made of scratch-free material
(If these are what you are referring to: DJI CrystalSky - 7.85" Screen Cover

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro
Yes, what I ordered. It's well made but It just feels somewhat rough inside (a hard rubber) and am worried if a piece of sand gets between it and the screen. I'd feel better if it were designed to not touch the glass at all. I've been using a lens cloth over the screen just in case. Fit and finish is fantastic though. Maybe I'm over reacting being a total noob. With your reply it's obvious you have a great customer support. Thanks!

Yes, what I ordered. It's well made but It just feels somewhat rough inside (a hard rubber) and am worried if a piece of sand gets between it and the screen. I'd feel better if it were designed to not touch the glass at all. I've been using a lens cloth over the screen just in case. Fit and finish is fantastic though. Maybe I'm over reacting being a total noob. With your reply it's obvious you have a great customer support. Thanks!

I agree, but where does design end?
Maybe a few strategically placed rubber pads your desired thickness glued to it would be the best answer. Outside corners for the least bad touch.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Maybe a few strategically placed rubber pads your desired thickness glued to it would be the best answer. Outside corners for the least bad touch.
And what I did with the soft sided Velcro. As long as the slot where the monitor lives in (my storage case) doesn't push the cover against the screen under transport, it shouldn't pose an issue.

Last edited:

Gotcha, the inside surface actually sits .75mm off of the screen, so the cover will not touch the screen at rest :)
Thanks for supporting our brand and providing your feedback, it always helps.
-Jeff from PolarPro

well i got the ultra bright yesterday and it fits great in the the case above. I was suprized they do not make a hard cover to go over the screen when not using. drew one up today and will print it out tonight. i will post picks if it fitsView attachment 26236

Hi Matt, I was looking for a 3D printed cover for my 7.85 Crystalsky and came across this post.
I realise it’s an old post but was wondering if you did manage to successfully print your design out and if it fitted ok?
If it did, I noticed that you offered to forward the files so someone else may replicate the cover themselves. That being the case, I wonder if I could take advantage of your generosity and ask if you could forward me a copy of the file please?
I don’t have a printer but I think I can ask a friend in the local High School if they can do it.
Thanks. Peter

I had Matt's case and it was perfect. Doesnt seem he is very active anymore (Last seen 11/8/18). Check Thingverse to see if he ever uploaded the files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada