DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for the Mavic

My view on the dji fly more bag is its great to take on an hike or whatever... very compact and holds the mavic.. 3 batteries.. RC.. extra props.. that's about it.. to me I don't need to bring my chargers.. charging hub..cables..etc on a few hours outing. What I might get is either a second small bag for the chargers and extras that I may not carry or a large case that holds everything for general storage and use the fly more bag for those brief outings.. that's the plan.. haven't put it into practice yet since I just got my mavic. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app
Yeah, it's a tight case, just not acceptable for my travel needs. I've backpacked a lot with my P3P and P4, so getting an appropriate backpack for everything will be a cake walk, once I find the right one. I like to keep everything together, especially on vacations or business trips while on travel. When I get to the hotel I pull everything out that I don't need while flying and set up shop on the desk for recharging things. Anything I need while flying, like MarcoPolo tracker, and auto charger, I'll keep in the backpack.

Amazon is nice for trying out backpacks and returning if they don't work out, especially is you have a Prime account. I just bought this backpack to consider as a starting point. I have a feeling this unit will have cheap materials, given the low price, but in the photos it looks pretty good. The key for me is holding the iPad. Not only do I want the backpack to hold it, but I want it to hold it when it's installed on the RC, minimizing the time it takes to get in the air.

I wound up ordering this bag. I like the idea of the adjustable dividers in the main pouch; one pocket for the mavic, one for the controller, and one for the charger and cables. The pouches on the front and sides will work for batteries and other misc items.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017QR3NFI/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_tbgFybB4PA74Edii

Screenshot_20170115-220949.png

For a little added protection, I ordered these as well which negates the need for stick holders:

DJI Mavic Pro RC Drone body/ Remote controller bag hard housing bag storage box case-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Screenshot_20170115-221047.png

The yellow bag is for car trips, but when I go backpacking I'll just toss the zippered cases in my pack.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has found a case that will hold 3 batteries, cables, spare props, charger etc. as well as an iPad mini? The cases I've seen noted on this thread seem great but no pace for the mini. I'd use this for transport and protection (in the truck or on a plane so weight is a bit of an issue but once unpacked I'd have the AC and batteries in the DJI shoulder bag.

Andrew

Wondering if anyone has found a case that will hold 3 batteries, cables, spare props, charger etc. as well as an iPad mini? The cases I've seen noted on this thread seem great but no pace for the mini. I'd use this for transport and protection (in the truck or on a plane so weight is a bit of an issue but once unpacked I'd have the AC and batteries in the DJI shoulder bag.

Andrew
just find a case that has removable foam in the lid and do like I did. I installed a 1.5" wide strip of adhesive backed velcro to the lid and then use a small velcro cable strap to hold the tablet to the lid. I put some small felt pads behind the tablet as well to act as an isolation device and to prevent any potential scratching.

gpc-case-tablet-storage-jpg.4052

go-professional-case-tablet-mounting-system-jpg.4059

I found this one on ebay. I don't really care about portability for my mavic. It will be flown at home or put in my truck to fly elsewhere. I bought it because I like the features as being new to drones. The first thing I bought was the little dji bag. That won't work anymore as I want to be able to put my spare battery, maybe another extra down the road and a place for my mini ipad2. This one seemed to suit my needs. The cost was good for me too!

New 16x13x7 Waterproof Hard Case DJI Mavic Pro Camera Drones Pelican 1450 | eBay

I wanted something to protect the Mavic as I throw it in my backpack rather than have it loosely banging around in there. I found exactly was I was looking for --

DJI Mavic Pro Travel Case Portable Protection - US Seller | eBay
Not trying to piss you off but you can buy the same exact case on AliExpress for $18.52 shipped or one for the Mavic and one for the remote for $30.38 shipped.

DJI mavic pro remote control admission package bag package independent package remote control package hard shell-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Reactions: sixthhour
Not trying to piss you off but you can buy the same exact case on AliExpress for $18.52 shipped or one for the Mavic and one for the remote for $30.38 shipped.

DJI mavic pro remote control admission package bag package independent package remote control package hard shell-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Not at all. I saw that on there during my search but since I'm not familiar with that site and they don't accept PayPal, I was reluctant to use it and give them my credit card so I went with the one I found on eBay.

Not at all. I saw that on there during my search but since I'm not familiar with that site and they don't accept PayPal, I was reluctant to use it and give them my credit card so I went with the one I found on eBay.

I was also reluctant to purchase from Aliexpress, but I did pull the trigger on Jan. 1st. and they advertised 12-20 days with ability to track. Well....their tracking ended on Jan 5th, so I contacted them yesterday and they said they're delayed another week or two and they're having issues with their shipper on their tracking system. So I'm looking at a possible Feb. delivery. :(

Bottom line...if you'd like to save $$$...AND don't mind waiting....and waiting...and waiting....then order from them. Keep in mind that Aliexpress is like Ebay/Amazon with tons of vendors, so YMMV.

WP_20170121_11_15_35_Pro.jpg found this inexpensive rigid case for a Samsung VR. Fits my iPad mini too, in the top half.

So like I stated before I didn't buy the mp for portability but for the features. This is the case I got off ebay for a little over $50. It has the pluck foam in it also. The bottom foam was a little too thick, so I cut that in half. I wanted to be able to put my mini ipad2 in it also. It sets on its side on the right side of the case. Have a spot for a 3rd battery should I buy one down the road. Its nice and stable also. Turned out nice for me!

0121172157-1.jpg

I like this set up, small hard case for Mavic with foam fits perfect in a small Camelbak. Hard case providing protection while maintaining portability.
IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0497.JPG

Reactions: motard and EasyV
https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Moldin...108898&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=plano+model+1460

Plano Model 1460 for the Mavic I purchased at Academy (Texas). It does not come with foam however. I used some old pick and pluck from a Pelican Computer case. The Mavic fits perfectly and protects well, has survived a few drops already in case. Being waterproof is a plus. I just can't imagine getting a large case which defeats purpose of portability. Organizing it neatly for storage or travel is the only thing I can think of which would justify a large case.

Pelican case for controller is model 1050.

More pics:

IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0506.JPG

Reactions: dragoon218
I just bought this backpack to consider as a starting point.

Looks like a good start John. How is the velcro on the inside?

I bought a similar pack off of Amazon and after receiving it, my opinion is a bit mixed...

81epGQQSUaL._SL1500_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Mirrorless-Backpack-Altura-Photo-Wanderer/dp/B01MCRI3LR/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

My review of the bag:
First off, this review is for the "Wanderer" version of bag and I am using this pack to store and transport the following:
DJi Mavic Pro Drone, Controller, 3 mavic batteries plus a simultaneous charger
Go pro 4, charger, 2 batteries
10" gorilla pod
Canon 60d with 75-180 lens, spare battery/charger
Nvidia Shield tablet
Asus 13.3" ultrabook
15" monopod

The sizing was EXCELLENT for all of those components. I really could not have found a more ideal size pack so am super happy with that part.

The fit and finish of the pack itself was very nice. No odd stitching, the zippers were nice and sturdy, the inside flap pocket even had a zipper sheath that covers the zipper pull to keep from scratching anything inside the case, and the material itself seemed to be of a good quality. The padding and build seem to be up to par for the job I need them to do.

The price was right, the comfort when wearing is good, and I have confidence in the quality of the product so I think it will last for quite awhile. Also, it does look nice, which is a bonus.

Why only three stars then? The interior velcro that holds the dividers in place seems a bit on the weak side. I am currently uncertain of how I will deal with this as I REALLY want to make this work. When everything is loaded and in place, it's not exactly a big deal because at that point, each item kindof locates itself and the velcro is not all that critical. Still, if one item is missing and the space not filled, it seems to me that the velcro won't hold up to keep the rest in place. Time will tell...I'm going to err on the side of caution and keep a close eye on it.

Reactions: John Locke
Check Carolina Dronz they have a neat and cheap backpack especially for the Mavic,I have it and it holds everything and isnt big and bulky

That one looks alright but a lot more burnt space than I prefer. To me, 2" of foam between each item seems to be overkill in anything other than a hardcase that you'd throw in the cargohold.

Looks like a good start John. How is the velcro on the inside?

I bought a similar pack off of Amazon and after receiving it, my opinion is a bit mixed...

81epGQQSUaL._SL1500_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Mirrorless-Backpack-Altura-Photo-Wanderer/dp/B01MCRI3LR/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

My review of the bag:
First off, this review is for the "Wanderer" version of bag and I am using this pack to store and transport the following:
DJi Mavic Pro Drone, Controller, 3 mavic batteries plus a simultaneous charger
Go pro 4, charger, 2 batteries
10" gorilla pod
Canon 60d with 75-180 lens, spare battery/charger
Nvidia Shield tablet
Asus 13.3" ultrabook
15" monopod

The sizing was EXCELLENT for all of those components. I really could not have found a more ideal size pack so am super happy with that part.

I like that pack, too bad about the velcro. Do you think the outer lid zipper pocket would hold an iPadMini and the RC integrated together?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada