DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casey Neistat's 2nd Mavic

keep-calm-and-let-us-pray-8.jpg

That Casey doesn't lose this new Mavic Pro

I may be a minority here, but I actually like Casey a lot and I really enjoy his videos. He has a very "real" approach to documenting his days and he's not shy about letting his viewers have a very candid look into his personal life. He's a guy who basically came from nothing (poor childhood, basically welfare) and learned a skill, perfected his craft, and now enjoys success because of it. Isn't that what the American dream is all about?

Also, if you're a regular viewer of his videos you would have heard his opinion on his cameras, drones, and equipment. He's pretty clearly stated that all of those things are tools. They're a means to an end. He doesn't focus on the hardware and almost considers is disposable and replaceable because he doesn't want it to get in the way of getting the shot or the rest of the creative process.

Reactions: Steve and schpenxel
He's a guy who basically came from nothing (poor childhood, basically welfare) and learned a skill, perfected his craft, and now enjoys success because of it. Isn't that what the American dream is all about?
Yup.

Casey Neistat...No person on the planet has done more to damage the reputation of UAS operators. He encourages his audience to act reckless by not only flying 600+ feet near a freeway, but actually flys over and with traffic for extended distances. Countless pilots have written the FAA to complain with no restraint in his behavior. He clearly is a embarrassing black eye to this community.

Casey Neistat...No person on the planet has done more to damage the reputation of UAS operators. He encourages his audience to act reckless by not only flying 600+ feet near a freeway, but actually flys over and with traffic for extended distances. Countless pilots have written the FAA to complain with no restraint in his behavior. He clearly is a embarrassing black eye to this community.

Just playing devil's advocate here...but how do you know Casey doesn't have the appropriate credentials or licensing which allows him to do that?

He's a fairly experienced filmmaker, so logic would say that he's pretty familiar with what's required to legally film in different places. Maybe his sort of carefree (or careless) nonchalant outward appearance is clouding your judgement. Maybe behind the scenes he has all the appropriate licensing in place.

Reactions: kevinelliott
True, reckless people cause problems. But what is more reckless are the countless people contacting the FAA every minute to complain on someone. What they are doing is digging their own graves, as this will eventually lead to more stricter rulings or totally ban the usage.
People should let the FAA do their job and not do it for them. If someone's being an *** or reckless the FAA have internet capabilities too.. Learn to mind your business and let the professionals do their job !

Woohoo! New video w/mavic. Skip to 4:30 if you just want to see the illegal stuff that is going to destroy the drone market and cause the world to end in a cataclysmic blaze of glory.

I'll ruin it for you--he basically says the Mavic is the best drone he's ever used, is easy to control, does what you want it to do, etc.

Last edited:
I'm only teasing. Some posters were very adamant that the way he's flying in that area without approval is illegal, etc. I believe most of those posts have been removed, but I haven't gone back and re-read the whole thread

Regardless.. just another vote for the Mavic being an awesome drone.

I'm only teasing. Some posters were very adamant that the way he's flying in that area without approval is illegal, etc. I believe most of those posts have been removed, but I haven't gone back and re-read the whole thread

Regardless.. just another vote for the Mavic being an awesome drone.

The best part is that the Mavic is an awesome drone.

Reactions: schpenxel
It's nice to see some being nice about him getting a second Mavic. I will say I'm still upset that he gets a second one, whilst I have not even got an arrival date on mine and I ordered it on the first week.

There is one person I dislike more than Casey and that is the guy who does a fly more combo unboxing and then pulls out he has two other fly more combo packages to the side.

Well I have to say I don't mind that Casey has his second Mavic really, as it was one of his videos I saw the mavic on first. He does have a place and offers great advice even if you have to wade through all of his hype.

Lastly remember the hype Go Pro CEO had for the Karma at the release keynote, that was worse than anything I've seen Casey do.

Reactions: TopQuark
"supposedly" only the first one was free and the second he ordered right when they were released like everyone else. Whether true or not, I have no idea...

I'm glad he got another one though, will be interesting to see his take on it vs. the Karma. I almost feel like he's trying to be nice to GoPro but prefers the Mavic. I wonder how much free stuff he gets from GoPro

Reactions: murmur70
Wow. A lot of you guys are really uptight. I love Casey and his vids and seeing all that awesome footage made me want to get into drones.

No one is perfect. I know I can't say that I have always abided by every law either.

Love drones and lighten up, Francis

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yeah, his video about the Mavic was honestly what made me look into it to begin with.. I'm a fan

Reactions: murmur70
Yeah, his video about the Mavic was honestly what made me look into it to begin with.. I'm a fan

Me too! Because he's like us in a way...he's just a normal dude. He's not a drone fanatic, a camera fanatic, and he's not up on all the latest and greatest new tech. He's just a guy who uses drones as a tool to get cool shots for his videos.

In a way that's like me. I just wanted something cool that I can rely on to get great aerial shots. I'm not really interested in becoming a great pilot. I don't want to have to think about my drone, I just want it to be there and to do it's job.

Just playing devil's advocate here...but how do you know Casey doesn't have the appropriate credentials or licensing which allows him to do that?

He's a fairly experienced filmmaker, so logic would say that he's pretty familiar with what's required to legally film in different places. Maybe his sort of carefree (or careless) nonchalant outward appearance is clouding your judgement. Maybe behind the scenes he has all the appropriate licensing in place.

This is something I was thinking too. It's very possible that under his showmanship, where he is required to act nonchalant, but really be organized and together to not jeopardize the business. After all, the guy has produced multiple feature-length films, an HBO show, and several other online efforts, including his app Beme, and yet, somehow none of that has fallen under his "carelessness"...

My guess is that he's more prepared than we think he is, even if he presents this horrible image for UAS community (and yes, he does present a bad image for us).

At least he didn't cry a river about it when she lost. He pretty much said it is what it is, move on

CASEY NEISTAT . . .

--it's only entertainment (4 us),

--Like him or not, he blogs very well,

--It's a free world, so no one's
forcing us to watch.

And I agree, the "Mav" is da' best . . . so far!

Reactions: TopQuark
I like him , he's a little hyperactive ;) but its because of him if I bought my first drone , the mavic I still wait .... I'm supposed to receive it mid or end november :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26