DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cataloging files

• Thread starter Deleted member 170519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 170519

Up until now, I have created folders with the date format and maybe area taken, then inside made folders for jpeg and raw. Reason is, dji doesn't carry the shot numbering forward. I really wish they did, but... If I format the sd card, the camera goes back to 0. So, what do others do to counter that as far as cataloging. I recently and by accident, overwrote files from a different day and lost them temporarily,. If it wasn't for having a Mac, and having them backed up with Time Machine, I would have lost them all.
I would think the if Nikon could do the sequential numbering thing that DJI could as well. They tell me they have no plans for that.
Moderators, If this is in the wrong area, forgive me.. Move it if you have to

Reactions: Rchawks
Up until now, I have created folders with the date format and maybe area taken, then inside made folders for jpeg and raw. Reason is, dji doesn't carry the shot numbering forward. I really wish they did, but... If I format the sd card, the camera goes back to 0. So, what do others do to counter that as far as cataloging. I recently and by accident, overwrote files from a different day and lost them temporarily,. If it wasn't for having a Mac, and having them backed up with Time Machine, I would have lost them all.
I would think the if Nikon could do the sequential numbering thing that DJI could as well. They tell me they have no plans for that.
I create folders with the Job Name. I rename the files as well and use my business abbreviation. For example DPC-(JobName)-Ground-001,JPG DPC--(JobName)-Air-001.JPG. So, for me, it doesn't matter about the output file name as I change them anyway.

Reactions: anotherlab
Reason is, dji doesn't carry the shot numbering forward. I really wish they did, but... If I format the sd card, the camera goes back to 0. So, what do others do to counter that as far as cataloging.

I would think the if Nikon could do the sequential numbering thing that DJI could as well.
You can have continuous file numbering.
If you format your SD card in the drone, the file index resets to 001.
But if you format SD cards in your computer, the file numbering will be continuous with each card continuing the numbering from where the previous card left off.

You can have continuous file numbering.
If you format your SD card in the drone, the file index resets to 001.
But if you format SD cards in your computer, the file numbering will be continuous with each card continuing the numbering from where the previous card left off.
I will have to try that again. Seemed like every time I formatted the card on a Mac, DJI wouldn't recognize it.
That was back when I had the Mavic Air.
I did, just now, purchase a piece of software called Name Mangler that seems to work, although the learning curve is quite steep for all that it can do. Still, after renaming, you have to catalog the folders,

I don't format the card unless it starts acting up. I just delete the files I don't want, then empty the trash and it frees up the space used by those files (on a Mac). I've never had a card issue (knock on wood).

Reactions: Jug's Life
I will have to try that again. Seemed like every time I formatted the card on a Mac, DJI wouldn't recognize it.
That was back when I had the Mavic Air.
I did, just now, purchase a piece of software called Name Mangler that seems to work, although the learning curve is quite steep for all that it can do. Still, after renaming, you have to catalog the folders,
Just now happened again. Formatted the card on a Mac. Fat32. DJI doesn't recognize the card.

Just now happened again. Formatted the card on a Mac. Fat32. DJI doesn't recognize the card.
Must be a Mac thing.
DJI drones have no problem at all with cards formatted on PCs

Do you have the option to format as exFAT?

exFAT is the default when formatting on a PC.

Must be a Mac thing.
DJI drones have no problem at all with cards formatted on PCs

Do you have the option to format as exFAT?

exFAT is the default when formatting on a PC.
That actually worked. DJI now recognizes the card. Thanks.

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1