DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Category for Mavic 2 Pro

epp

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Sorry if this has been posted previously and answered earlier. I couldn't find anything.
I'm studying for my Remote Pilot 107 license and learning the categories for Operations Over Non-Participants.
I did a quick surf of the DJI website to determine which of the FAA categories my Mavic 2 Pro would be considered. I'm thinking Category two, but the definitions provided are a bit obscure.
Does anyone know which category my sUAS is considered?
Thank you in advance

Sorry if this has been posted previously and answered earlier. I couldn't find anything.
I'm studying for my Remote Pilot 107 license and learning the categories for Operations Over Non-Participants.
I did a quick surf of the DJI website to determine which of the FAA categories my Mavic 2 Pro would be considered. I'm thinking Category two, but the definitions provided are a bit obscure.
Does anyone know which category my sUAS is considered?
Thank you in advance
None, your M2P doesn’t qualify for Operations Over People until a manufacturer(?) certifies that it won’t lacerate skin and will conform to one of the categories’ max impact spec. It would also need to support RID.

For a Mavic 2 that would likely involve a prop guard/cage and a parachute system. As far as I know DJI hasn’t announced any compliant aircraft.

Great question, good luck with the exam!

Thank you. Very informative. Looks like I'm shopping for a Mavic 3 mini if I want to have sustained flight over "human beings..." :)

Thank you. Very informative. Looks like I'm shopping for a Mavic 3 mini if I want to have sustained flight over "human beings..." :)
In my opinion (only!) we are at the very beginning of accessible drones for flying over people. Now is a good time to wait and see what manufacturers are working on.

If you look at the FAA’s list to date, there is ONE drone which manufacturer’s certification for OOP has been accepted by FAA.

It’s this one:

That’s a $20k-ish mapping drone, fixed wing, with a variety of sensor packages for surveying, mapping, and agriculture.

I’m hopeful that there will be many choices eventually. On the other hand there isn’t a lot of interest on this forum for OOP.
From last year:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook