DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Caught in drizzle with bird and controller wet?

Rocky43

Reactions
Got caught in a drizzle and moderate rain suddenly while out flying. Bird and controller is wet but I managed to get it back before it got any heavier. Is the MPP water resistant ?

It’s my understanding that it is not. There would be impacts on the open motors and on the sensitive electronic components. Also lasting damage may occur to the camera lens unit.

Reactions: Thomas B
Use silica gel or rice to dry out. A blow drier on low or no heat will help, especially inside the drone well air vents and moisture may have gotten in. Remove battery and dry separately. I would also dry the remote, but it is probably better sealed, and since you could have shield it with your body I guess it would be dry. In the future you might want to check some of phantom rains.org's products (skins for the drone.)

Got caught in a drizzle and moderate rain suddenly while out flying. Bird and controller is wet but I managed to get it back before it got any heavier. Is the MPP water resistant ?
Not officially but it can take a good amount of water and be ok. As long as it isn’t submerged that is...

There are many that have inadvertently submerged their AC's even in salt water and have recovered. Therefore I would use the same words as Brett: Not officially water resistant but quite resilient to getting wet.

The motors do not have any electrical contact points as they are brushless. What's in the motors are just 3 continuous coils of wire on the stator leading all the way out to the ESC, and permanent magnets on the rotor. The only component that could be damaged due to water would be the bearings.

Take appropriate actions though.

I wouldn’t bother with using rice, it just gets everywhere. A couple of freshly dried industrial sized silica gel packages placed with the drone in a sealed impermeable bag would be way more effective.

Not waterproof at all but iv been caught in light rain a couple times , just get it back as fast you can and get it out the rain , leave it out the bag overnight to dry off and all should be fine , at least mine has , just try to avoid any type of rain if you can

Reactions: gvsukids
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661