DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cautionary tale (Mavic Pro Newbie more money than sense)

PJNEWPILOT2018

Reactions
Being new to the world of drone pilots, I made the mistake a lot of you more experienced souls warn about, I wish I read them before “TURNING ON MY DRONE” (in the living room) the first thing that scared the life out of me was the sound, it was amplified because of the enclosed space, and of course it could not get a gps fix so it farted towards me and of course I panicked [emoji22] “yes I’m an idiot I know” the drone seemed to look at me and if it had a voice said “why have you summoned me? I looked at it, it looked at me and then it attacked, smashing into my finger as I tumbled over.

**** this is not a toy, visibly shaking I composed myself and removed the smashed blades with my cut and trembling fingers, I decided to read some instructions, but like the fool that I am I became impatient and decided to try again, this time hiding behind the door and peeping around the corner into the living room, (by the way this was on Christmas Day) so I stated it up again and surprise surprise it did exactly the same thing.

Well after that I joined this forum and spent two days reading and watching YouTube videos.
Good news is I took it outside in the rain [emoji102] and had a successful flight. Wow **** scary but I lived to tell the tale.

Being new to the world of drone pilots, I made the mistake a lot of you more experienced souls warn about, I wish I read them before “TURNING ON MY DRONE” (in the living room) the first thing that scared the life out of me was the sound, it was amplified because of the enclosed space, and of course it could not get a gps fix so it farted towards me and of course I panicked [emoji22] “yes I’m an idiot I know” the drone seemed to look at me and if it had a voice said “why have you summoned me? I looked at it, it looked at me and then it attacked, smashing into my finger as I tumbled over.

**** this is not a toy, visibly shaking I composed myself and removed the smashed blades with my cut and trembling fingers, I decided to read some instructions, but like the fool that I am I became impatient and decided to try again, this time hiding behind the door and peeping around the corner into the living room, (by the way this was on Christmas Day) so I stated it up again and surprise surprise it did exactly the same thing.

Well after that I joined this forum and spent two days reading and watching YouTube videos.
Good news is I took it outside in the rain [emoji102] and had a successful flight. Wow **** scary but I lived to tell the tale.

That was pretty disrespectful of it to fart at you. May need a firmware upgrade.

first words that came to me,that is after i finished laughing was---did you learn inside is a no fly zone?
i turned mine on inside just to hear the sound level and seeing it raise its rear end up @ a inch bout made me crap my pants:p:p:p

first words that came to me,that is after i finished laughing was---did you learn inside is a no fly zone?
i turned mine on inside just to hear the sound level and seeing it raise its rear end up @ a inch bout made me crap my pants:p:p:p

The problem is I actually thought I could just start it up and fly around the room without ever ever flying any sort of drone ever[emoji33]

well if it helps.,you did fly it-however so briefly,

That’s no help [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I’m traumatised. But the brief flight outside was so much fun, I’m hooked, now I have to take a course and get my pilots licence

Reactions: shoemaker
ive had mine a month now and will likely wait 3 more months till spring comes before i go on my first flight,,,been reading and watching lots of vids.
you do know you now have to register with the faa now

Ahhhh hold on this is for USA [emoji631] I’m in [emoji636] UK so it’s with CAA in my case

Indeed. Most would tell nobody!
How bad did she cut you?
Not too bad, I hope.
These things command respect.
Flying veg-o-matic.

It drew blood, but it’s like buying a lion for Christmas and thinking it’s a pussycat and expect to become lion tamer immediately, serves me right but I feel no shame it’s fun and I respect the people on this forum for their experience so no need to pretend [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23