DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cavu FPV is good but driving me nuts getting it started

MavicAirhead

Reactions
Hi,
I just got some FPV goggles (BoboVR Z4 twenty something pounds from Amazon) and the Cavu fpv app - Does anyone know the best way to get the Cavu fpv android app synced to the MA? The only way I seem to be able to do it is by uninstalling the DJI GO 4 app, which I still want to use. I am in demo mode and would pay to unlock if there wasn't a conflict (full app just time restricted). Perhaps I should use a different app; does Litchi run in FPV okay without uninstalling Go 4, for example?

As far as I know, you cannot use the DJI app and another app at the same time on Android (hence close DJI Go app before starting Cavu). I am very new to Android - have been using iPhone for over 9 years now - only recemtöy got a dedicated Android phone for fpv flying my DJI Mavic Air ;-) I am using a Sony Xperia XZ premium 4k mobile phone with the Zeiss VR One plus headset and I can highly recommend that setup. The screen quality is way better than on the dji goggles while this combo is only half of the price of dji's goggles. My favourite app for FPV is DroneVR which gives you this fighter pilot HUD! Moreover, if you have an iPad or just another phone you can download the same DroneVR app an watch the live stream as a spectator and see what the pilot sees! And lastly, if you are relying on the FCC hack, you are better off with DroneVR since this app does not automatically change back to CE mode as Cavu does.

Reactions: Splue and Latawiec
Hi Nitram,
I wasn't trying to have both open at the same time. And I always answered 'once only' whenever either app asked for permissions. I went the Litchi route in the end as DroneVR had so many poor ratings I didn't want to risk using it. I like that you can have more than one watcher, though.

I don't know what an FCC hack is!

I have Litchi as well and while this is also a very good app, especially for waypoints, DroneVR is still my favourite for fpv! As far as I know, DroneVR is the only fpv app that does a proper lens distortion of the the two pictures you are getting in fpv mode. All others don|t do this and I always get dizzy somehow.... I do not understand the bad ratings for DroneVR to be honest, I mean I have to admit that their scope is rather limited but for fpv flying only, it|s the best app for me, but your mileage may vary of course. As far as I remember, there is a free trial, so you don|t have to buy if you not like it.

Reactions: Splue
I have Litchi as well and while this is also a very good app, especially for waypoints, DroneVR is still my favourite for fpv! As far as I know, DroneVR is the only fpv app that does a proper lens distortion of the the two pictures you are getting in fpv mode. All others don|t do this and I always get dizzy somehow.... I do not understand the bad ratings for DroneVR to be honest, I mean I have to admit that their scope is rather limited but for fpv flying only, it|s the best app for me, but your mileage may vary of course. As far as I remember, there is a free trial, so you don|t have to buy if you not like it.

You still using this app? just downloaded it today and going to give it a try, however im pretty nervous flying through a 3rd party app