DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cellular 4G dongle 2

Darkabaz

Reactions
Hello,
Just a question..does the 4g cellular dongle 2 (for Air3) work in Europe/Netherlands and also for the Mavic 3 enterprise or only Aor3/Mini4? To use this what is needed to get it work?
Do i really need a second contract/sim card with unlimited data, or could it just be used as a hotspot from mobile. Could not find the right info actually on the web.

Last edited:
Hello,
Just a question..does the 4g cellular dongle 2 (for Air3) work in Europe/Netherlands and also for the Mavic 3 enterprise or only Aor3/Mini4? To use this what is needed to get it work?
Do i really need a second contract/sim card with unlimited data, or could it just be used as a hotspot from mobile. Could not find the right info actually on the web.

I think it's just for Air 3 and Mini 4 and it works in Europe/Netherlands, but using it is not legal.
You will really need a second sim card, with lots of data. It's around 1Gb per flight.

Take the drone 1gb on data each flight or the rc controller?
I meant just the drone, of course. 1 GB is on average.
As to the RC, if you have it using mobile data too (with a second dongle+SIM or tethering with your mobile), it will be the same as with the drone, ~1GB. But if you stay in a position where you can use the wifi from your home router, the RC will be still using the same amount of data but you won't be paying for it, unless you have a limited contract with your ISP.

As example, if using in a forest - without wifi connnection:
I need 2 sim cards and 2 internet subscriptions, right?
And for both they use 1GB of data each flight from +/- 30minutes. Is that correct?

There are plans for tablets and such that only give you data so you do not have to pay for any calling/SMS/MMS services which will go unused. Best bet is getting two accounts of that data-only cellular connection so you have two SIM cards, one for the dongle in the drone and the second for the dongle in the RC2.

Reactions: Darkabaz
There are plans for tablets and such that only give you data so you do not have to pay for any calling/SMS/MMS services which will go unused. Best bet is getting two accounts of that data-only cellular connection so you have two SIM cards, one for the dongle in the drone and the second for the dongle in the RC2.

To make the subject clearer, one can use mobile data from the cell phone to the RC2 through wifi tethering. This way, he would need just one dongle for the drone with just one extra sim card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH