DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change the Pitch Direction with Control Wheel

777Pilot

Reactions
Is there a way to change the direction the gimbal moves with the wheel. It is more natural to me to pull the wheel to the left to pitch up and vice-versa. The factory settings have the opposite. Thanks.

It sounds interesting but, …(there’s always a BUT right?)
How would you then control up/down? Possibly dragging on the screen I’d guess? To my knowledge, it’s not possible. Some programs like Litchi or Mavic Maven have programmed button sequences to perform menu-selectable functions but I’ve not seen anything about reassigning the function of that wheel.

It would be cool if there was a little button or nub protruding from the controller instead of that wheel to act like a little joystick for the camera.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. I have not seen anywhere that you can change direction of the gimbal, except for inspire up. I trust I interpreted your question right.
Regards

Reactions: old man mavic
Hey 777Pilot..you joined a nice group of people here....sorry you don't seem to be getting the answer you seek...you might try emailing DJI customer service with the question

Reactions: old man mavic
welcome to the forum

I think the only way to achieve this currently is to rewire the wheel inside the controller. I'm pretty sure someone has done this on a mini 1. Not recommended unless you are quite comfortable with soldering, have a good knowledge of electronics repair and aren't worried about the warranty.

The less intrusive alternative is to put a "up - down" sticker on the controller as a reminder.

Is there a way to change the direction the gimbal moves with the wheel. It is more natural to me to pull the wheel to the left to pitch up and vice-versa. The factory settings have the opposite. Thanks.
I've been a pro photographer for 34 yrs, and have EXACTLY the same issue, no matter how much I try to break the habit, I regularly go up instead of down etc

Reactions: 777Pilot
Here's a link to the thread discussing rewiring the mavic mini 1 dial.

The hardware on the Air2S controller is different, but a similar technique could be used.

I agree clumsy but then it comes from a culture that has very different norms for writing...maybe that’s the origin?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive