DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charger and Controller Questions

nellis

Reactions
Hi, I'm completely new to drones and have a Mavic Pro coming in the mail, so I want to get some answers to prepare everything and be up and learning to fly ASAP.

I bought it used, and it didn't come with the AC cable for the charger, so I figured I'd go all out and buy the Phantom 4 charger+AC cable along with the Advanced Charging Hub to get the quickest charge times.

1. Is there a difference between these two cables?
Buy 100W Power Adaptor AC Cable (US & Canada) - DJI Store
Buy Phantom 4 Series 100 W AC Power Adaptor Cable (USA & CA) - DJI Store

2. Can the AC cable for the Phantom 4 be used with the standard charger that came with the Mavic Pro found here? Buy Mavic Pro 50 W Battery Charger (Without AC Cable) - DJI Store

3. If the answer to question 2 is yes, is it safe to charge the controller and battery through the Mavic Pro charger while using the AC cable for the Phantom 4?

4. I was looking at the RC cables to connect my phone (micro USB) to the remote but was confused about the reverse micro USB cable. I understand what it does, but without physically holding it I couldn't find out if I needed the reverse type or the standard type. Here is an image showing the USB port of my phone's model (screen side is facing up)

main-qimg-4e95cdf8dfc1d4efd884d4dc328f1c16-c

Based on that image, and assuming the port will be facing the left side of the controller, which type of RC cable will I need? Standard or reverse?

Thanks for all the help!

1. The two cables are identical, the only difference is the color. White for the P4 and Black for the Mavic.
2. Yes
3. Yes, you can charge both the RC and Aircraft battery using that cable simultaneously.
4. Your phone uses the Standard NOT REVERSE connector.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots by the way! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
1. The two cables are identical, the only difference is the color. White for the P4 and Black for the Mavic.
2. Yes
3. Yes, you can charge both the RC and Aircraft battery using that cable simultaneously.
4. Your phone uses the Standard NOT REVERSE connector.
Excellent, thank you so much for the response!

Just to be clear for question 3, I was asking if the current running though the Mavic Pro charger via the Phantom 4 AC cable would be a safe amount - not if they could be charged at the same time. But still good to know! And based on your answer to question 2, it seems like it is safe :) Thanks again, and thanks for the welcome!

Welcome and if it came with a manual you can't read it enough and if it didn't download a copy. Also 51Drones has a lot great videos on YouTube.

Excellent, thank you so much for the response!

Just to be clear for question 3, I was asking if the current running though the Mavic Pro charger via the Phantom 4 AC cable would be a safe amount - not if they could be charged at the same time. But still good to know! And based on your answer to question 2, it seems like it is safe :) Thanks again, and thanks for the welcome!
All the magic actually happens in the power brick itself, the AC cable is identical between all DJI's charger models, they are all the same 18AWG, same connector etc. I just compared my P4P, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro and Inspire 1 Pro cables, all identical all same markings on the wire for gauge etc.

All the magic actually happens in the power brick itself, the AC cable is identical between all DJI's charger models, they are all the same 18AWG, same connector etc. I just compared my P4P, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro and Inspire 1 Pro cables, all identical all same markings on the wire for gauge etc.

Awesome, it's good to have a definitive answer. So I guess the only thing that's a bummer is that I plan on using the Phantom 4 charger with the Advanced Charging Hub, so I won't be able to charge my remote at the same time as my batteries. Or... can you just charge the remote with a standard 5V cell phone charger with micro usb?

Awesome, it's good to have a definitive answer. So I guess the only thing that's a bummer is that I plan on using the Phantom 4 charger with the Advanced Charging Hub, so I won't be able to charge my remote at the same time as my batteries. Or... can you just charge the remote with a standard 5V cell phone charger with micro usb?
You can charge the RC on any cell phone charger, it may be a little slower but will get the job done.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes