DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Magic Air Controller

Thanks to everyone for the information. One quick question, If the charging plug is the USB-C on the left hand side, what is the purpose of the full USB on the bottom of the controller?

If the charging plug is the USB-C on the left hand side, what is the purpose of the full USB on the bottom of the controller?
Correction: The left-hand side connection is not USB-C, it is micro-USB, used for charging or device connection. The full USB on the bottom is also for device connection. One one can be active at a time (you can't connect two devices simultaneously).

You're welcome!

Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: Capt Awsum 001
First flight done, not very successfully. Using hand gestures it took many attempts for it to start. Then when it did it went up, lights turned red and wouldn’t
respond at all. Lower sensors not working thank goodness, managed to hand catch. Any help would be greatly appreciated

So glad i found this forum! I thought the charging port was that USB connection at the bottom.
I couldn't figure out why dji didn't include a straight USB to USB cable.
Plus i was blown away by the realization i didn't already have one lying around. It's always USB to something else.

This drone is turning out to be more confusing than i thought it'd be, so i'll probably be hanging out here a lot.

Reactions: Capt Awsum 001
Last edited:
Can the remote be charged from a standard 5V plug or do I need to use the brick that came with it?

Where can I buy the adapter for controller charging cable
You don't need an adapter. You can use any Micro USB cable.

The connection on the controller is not micro-USB. It is rectangular shaped, in contrast to micro-USB, which is asymmetrical. I try to connect the adapter into the controller, with some force, but it doesn´t go in. Obviously DJI has changed the controller (and the controller to smartphone), but not the adapter.

I cannot charge the controller.

Easiest would be to get a fitting adapter.
A phone call to the seller first thing tomorrow ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_