DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheap fast charger with 4 ports

David MacNeill

Reactions
A drone-experienced friend told me he's using a 100-watt GAN 4-port fast charger with two USB-C and two USB-A ports. With this I can fast charge my three Air3 batteries in the charger/holder, my RC2, my iPhone, and my wife's little vibrator therapeutic massager simultaneously if I have to. There is a $5 coupon button on the page so it comes to $42.99. I ordered one instead of the Anker 2-port for about the same price:

61poR-ZkKRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I have two GaN 100W Hyphen-X PD chargers for over two years, bought on Amazon, still working flawlessly.

Reactions: David MacNeill
With this I can fast charge my three Air3 batteries in the charger/holder, my RC2, my iPhone, and my wife's little vibrator therapeutic massager simultaneously if I have to
I guess you might already know this, but this charger (and others like it) go from fast chargers to slow chargers when using all ports at the same time. You're probably getting somewhere around 30W max at that point.

Yeah if one of those USB-C ports is a PD port and you plug in a device which draws a lot of wattage, like a laptop, the it will use most of the wattage of that charger.

If you plug in other devices, then they all go down in wattage output on each port.

It's a total of 100W across all 4 ports, not 100W simultaneously on each port!
The Anker two port is 100W simultaneously on each port. [Nope!]
[Edit: mine was also 100W split across two ports!]

Last edited:
Last edited:
I guess you might already know this, but this charger (and others like it) go from fast chargers to slow chargers when using all ports at the same time. You're probably getting somewhere around 30W max at that point.

Good point.

It depends on the charger capacity. If you want to have fast charging from all the ports simultaneously, get a 200W 4 port like this one, and that won't be a problem:

ad239152-a4b6-4b7c-83ec-1783b68a1eb4.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Any quality unit will include in it's instructions, and usually on their Amazon page, a table showing how the power division occurs for each port combination. For the 200W WOTOBEUS it breaks down this way:

Screenshot_20230829_183744_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dumeinao
It depends on which Anker charger you're referring to. This Anker charger can charge two ports at 100W. Others split the wattage when using more than one port.
Thanks for pointing that out. Just reread the description on mine, and it is indeed 100W split between the two ports, just like the DJI 100W charger! It's going back today!

Reactions: David MacNeill
Good point.

It depends on the charger capacity. If you want to have fast charging from all the ports simultaneously, get a 200W 4 port like this one, and that won't be a problem:

ad239152-a4b6-4b7c-83ec-1783b68a1eb4.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Any quality unit will include in it's instructions, and usually on their Amazon page, a table showing how the power division occurs for each port combination. For the 200W WOTOBEUS it breaks down this way:

View attachment 167597
…and for only $6 more than the out-of-stock $99 DJI 100W, split over two ports!

Here's what appears to be the exact same charger as the 200W Wotobeus, right down to the accessory power cord, for the same price as the DJI 100W, U$99.99. From a different brand, Aftertop.

I don't know, but I very strongly suspect they're made by the same manufacturer, identical, and simply OEM'd and branded by Wotobeus and Aftertop.

If I didn't already have the Wotobeus, I'd get one of these.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Here's what appears to be the exact same charger as the 200W Wotobeus, right down to the accessory power cord, for the same price as the DJI 100W, U$99.99. From a different brand, Aftertop.

I don't know, but I very strongly suspect they're made by the same manufacturer, identical, and simply OEM'd and branded by Wotobeus and Aftertop.

If I didn't already have the Wotobeus, I'd get one of these.
Yup, and that one is only $89 with the $10 off coupon.
Good find!

It depends on which Anker charger you're referring to. This Anker charger can charge two ports at 100W. Others split the wattage when using more than one port.
Ooh. That's even better. I ordered the Anker 3-port and cancelled the 4-port. Got 20% off too with the "coupon" button so it was $67.99. Ordered a pair of Anker 100w cables as well for $17.99.

Last edited:
For those people who don't like to charge at full power (some think it makes batteries live longer), Anker also sells this 65W charger that's able to charge two ports at 65W.

1693396615371.png

1693396601961.png

For those people who don't like to charge at full power (some think it makes batteries live longer), Anker also sells this 65W charger that's able to charge two ports at 65W.

View attachment 167657

View attachment 167656
Based upon the disclaimer circled in red below, it appears that this one also only has a full 65W output when a single device is connected. Connecting more than one device would therefore appear to split the 65W. Sure can be confusing about what the true capabilities are!

IMG_2011.jpeg

Based upon the disclaimer circled in red below, it appears that this one also only has a full 65W output when a single device is connected
Note the "67W" mention in your circled text.

As shown here, it can charge one port at 67W or two ports at 65W:

1693634967787.png

1693634978230.png

Note the "67W" mention in your circled text.

As shown here, it can charge one port at 67W or two ports at 65W:

View attachment 167740

View attachment 167741
Count me skeptical, despite the diagram.

Only because in order to deliver 65W on both ports, the charger would have to have a 130W output capacity,

Actually, I think this is a 67W total charger, split among the ports in use. You kind of have to read tea leaves on the Amazon page to deduce this, as it looks like Anker departs a bit from everyone else in how they describe the port configurations.

The biggest reason in my judgement to interpret it this way is the comparison chart on the page:

Screenshot_20230902_115426_Chrome.jpg

Note the consistent way the "Main Feature" is described for each model, 67W, 100W, 240W: "xxxW Max X Port Charging".

We can rule out that any of the ports are delivering 240W on the highest capacity version, so that's not a per-port spec. Looking around the site at other chargers, 240W is common, and refers to the combined output capacity across ports, which I'm certain is the case here too.

Second strong piece of evidence: On the page, it shows the 3-port spec this way:

Screenshot_20230902_120641_Chrome.jpg

Interpreting this in the same way as the 2-port diagram above, this would mean the charger is actually capable of a total output of 64.5x3=193.5W, which is definitely not the case.

I'm pretty sure this is a 67W charger split among the three ports, and can not output 65W on both USB-C ports simultaneously.

Finally, went to the Anker site, downloaded the User Manual for this charger, examined the specs. They're a bit ambiguous too! However, if I were to rely on any number, it would be Total output below:

Picsart_23-09-02_12-19-14-808.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a 67W charger split among the three ports, and can not output 65W on both USB-C ports simultaneously
That seems to be the case for all wall chargers.

The diagrams above showing "65W max" when using two ports is indicating that each port cannot charge at more than 65W. And that 65W is split between two ports (which is not clearly advertised). How it's split depends on the devices being charged. In most cases, the charger is likely not outputting all available 67W even when charging a single device.

Check out ChargerLAB on YouTube for some great videos showing what I'm describing. For example, he shows (by actually measuring the power) how the DJI 100W charger splits its charging power in this video. He has videos for some Anker chargers too.

Reactions: PMF23 and GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne