DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheap rotots.

Shark69

Reactions
Guys n gals.
I have just received two sets of the platinum rotors for my Pro.
Upon taking 1st set out of package im very dubious about putting them near my pro. They didnt come from dji but cost almost as much but they are very flimsy and looks like the blades would fall out of the rotor housing first sign of a spin.
Am i being over cautious and this is what they are like?

Reactions: cocolim
Guys n gals.
Upon taking 1st set out of package im very dubious about putting them near my pro. They didnt come from dji but cost almost as much but they are very flimsy and looks like the blades would fall out of the rotor housing first sign of a spin.

Would i be safe to bench test them by securing my pro down then putting it through a full load test on up and down and foward and backwards.

I haven't bought any of the platinum props but people here have said they are quite a bit more flimsy. Do you trust the seller to not sell imitation props?

Guys n gals.
If they aren't official DJI props, I definitely wouldn't trust them. I had a pair of third party props fail mid-flight on me and have bought official DJI props ever since.

Reactions: Former Member
Genuine DJI props are not expensive. Toss your questionable props.
They could very well be genuine props. He hasn't provided pictures, or stated where he bought them. Platinum props are more flimsy than standard ones. I would verify before throwing away money.

They could very well be genuine props. He hasn't provided pictures, or stated where he bought them. Platinum props are more flimsy than standard ones. I would verify before throwing away money.
I might have misunderstood the OP when he stated that "they didnt come from DJI". All OEM parts come from DJI even if bought through an authorized dealer.

You are right about the platinum props being more flimsy, compared to the original MP props, although I prefer the term flexible to flimsy.

The design of the MPP props are defiantly thinner thus more flexible. But it's that thinner more flexible design that impacts performance positively. If the props don't come in official DJI packaging then they are most certainly not OEM. Props are not a good choice for somewhere to save a few bucks.

Would i be safe to bench test them by securing my pro down then putting it through a full load test on up and down and foward and backwards.

You never strap a RC aircraft of any kind down and test props or rotors like that. RC planes are ok here...talking quads,drones and in particular RC helis. There is a harmonic vibration that can cause all sorts of problems. When unstrapped the AC can pass through these vibrations and smoothen out fast. But strapped down they experience more vibrations and over a great range. A quick google search will show you this is rather old topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU