DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking In From SC

dan0mite

Reactions
Checking in to say hello. Wife got me a Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle that was delivered Friday. Took it out yesterday for a few flights around the backyard after watching a bunch of videos. Every time I research something google points me to this forum so it looks like there’s no better place to be. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to merging this newfound hobby with current ones.

Checking in to say hello. Wife got me a Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle that was delivered Friday. Took it out yesterday for a few flights around the backyard after watching a bunch of videos. Every time I research something google points me to this forum so it looks like there’s no better place to be. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to merging this newfound hobby with current ones.
Howdy from Wyoming dan0mite, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: dan0mite
Read, read and read some more... and watch videos. Have you found the Simulator? What are you using as a screen? Do Not “Think” You Can Fly It Inside. Welcome from Myrtle Beach!

Howdy from Wyoming dan0mite, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Finding the right forum is always key! Thanks for the welcome!

Read, read and read some more... and watch videos. Have you found the Simulator? What are you using as a screen? Do Not “Think” You Can Fly It Inside. Welcome from Myrtle Beach!

MB...I’m down in HHI. Thumbswayup

Reading and videos is what I’ve been doing a lot of since it arrived (a surprise to me). I found the simulator and used it a bit before deciding to just put it in beginner mode and head out back to fly it.

Yesterday, my first day flying it, I used my iPhone 6. First time out it worked ok, second time out later in the day it decided that it didn’t want to stay connected to the MP. Seems to be common issue so that’s been my subject of research lately. I have a feeling that my phones resources are pretty tapped (I close all apps before opening Go4) because I use the phone for work too. Lots of email accounts, push notifications, etc. Currently looking at picking up a Mini 4 as a dedicated device. If I can snag a new one with cellular for GPS for a steal I’ll grab it but if not, I’ll pick up a WiFi only one and cache the maps or connect it to a hotspot.

Since I shouldn’t “think” I can fly it inside...should I “know” I can? :D The thought crossed my mind but I’m thinking about a Hubsan X4 as a cheap way to scratch that itch.

I've been all my DJI platforms on an iPad Mini for the last 4+ years and can't envision myself ever flying with a phone. I'm contemplating making the move to a 7" CrystalSky for the added brightness.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I've been all my DJI platforms on an iPad Mini for the last 4+ years and can't envision myself ever flying with a phone. I'm contemplating making the move to a 7" CrystalSky for the added brightness.

I looked at the CrystalSky too but with the price, they’re pretty proud of that display. I considered just jumping right into one and bypassing the iPad Mini all together but I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s really worth the money to me.

I looked at the CrystalSky too but with the price, they’re pretty proud of that display. I considered just jumping right into one and bypassing the iPad Mini all together but I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s really worth the money to me.
Yeah, the cost$ is a bit hard to swallow.

Finding the right forum is always key! Thanks for the welcome!

MB...I’m down in HHI. Thumbswayup

Reading and videos is what I’ve been doing a lot of since it arrived (a surprise to me). I found the simulator and used it a bit before deciding to just put it in beginner mode and head out back to fly it.

Yesterday, my first day flying it, I used my iPhone 6. First time out it worked ok, second time out later in the day it decided that it didn’t want to stay connected to the MP. Seems to be common issue so that’s been my subject of research lately. I have a feeling that my phones resources are pretty tapped (I close all apps before opening Go4) because I use the phone for work too. Lots of email accounts, push notifications, etc. Currently looking at picking up a Mini 4 as a dedicated device. If I can snag a new one with cellular for GPS for a steal I’ll grab it but if not, I’ll pick up a WiFi only one and cache the maps or connect it to a hotspot.

Since I shouldn’t “think” I can fly it inside...should I “know” I can? :D The thought crossed my mind but I’m thinking about a Hubsan X4 as a cheap way to scratch that itch.

iPad Mini is as good as it gets (imo). Research “Home Lock” and “Course Lock” and practice flying by your screen. It’s scary when you loose sight of Mavic the first time. I flew late yesterday and my The DJI app was Crashing like crazy.

Hi Danomite, welcome to a great forum. I'm up the Broad River from you just outside of Beaufort. (Habersham area)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

iPad Mini is as good as it gets (imo). Research “Home Lock” and “Course Lock” and practice flying by your screen. It’s scary when you loose sight of Mavic the first time. I flew late yesterday and my The DJI app was Crashing like crazy.

Will do...thanks!

Hi Danomite, welcome to a great forum. I'm up the Broad River from you just outside of Beaufort. (Habersham area)

Nice! We looked at a couple places in Habersham. Nice little community there. You able to fly out there with MCAS so close?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thanks!

Amen to your wife getting you such a cool Man toy, this is something you may see in many of my post but i highly recommend you get the DJI refresh. It's $100 bucks but it's a must in reference to protecting the investment. You only have 48hrs from your first flight to get it so you should look into it. On a lighter note your wife may start hiding it on you because these things are super addictive.

Amen to your wife getting you such a cool Man toy, this is something you may see in many of my post but i highly recommend you get the DJI refresh. It's $100 bucks but it's a must in reference to protecting the investment. You only have 48hrs from your first flight to get it so you should look into it. On a lighter note your wife may start hiding it on you because these things are super addictive.

She’ll probably set it out in plain sight more than anything just to get rid of me. :cool:

When she bought it, she bought the 12 month insurance plan from Drone World but when I activated it I also purchased the Care Refresh from DJI.

I wanted to fly it again today but it’s been a little wet outside. :mad:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan