DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chula Vista Police Expand Drone Program

Photo Booth

Reactions
Chula Vista, the second largest city in San Diego County, is expanding its police department's drone program. The linked article includes a story about how using a drone possibly saved a suspect's life.

Mark

I live in Chula Vista. Great they can use the drones but cant pay the police anymore.

Do they fly their drones out to check before they send a patrol unit ?

Do they fly their drones out to check before they send a patrol unit ?

That appears to be the case. Or, the drone is dispatched in certain situations as the patrol car is being dispatched. Since the drone can cut street corners and doesn't have to deal with traffic, traffic signals and stop signs, the drone will almost certainly always beat the patrol car to the scene.

Mark

That appears to be the case. Or, the drone is dispatched in certain situations as the patrol car is being dispatched. Since the drone can cut street corners and doesn't have to deal with traffic, traffic signals and stop signs, the drone will almost certainly always beat the patrol car to the scene.

Mark
I beat the traffic to the beach every night, flying my M2P to check out the surf and the sunset! No parking space needed, either! ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_