DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic Video shot with Mavic Pro

Peut

Reactions
The place of the recording is called 'De Dode Maas' because it is a dead end of the river 'Maas' in The Netherlands.

Shot this video with the DJI Mavic Pro, decided to go for a cinematic look, therefore I used the anamorphic aspect ratio (2.35:1). Recorded in D-Log (-1,-3,-3) and used the FREE LUT from Groundcontrol Color to enhance the image in postproduction with Premiere Pro CC from Adobe.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Nice one mate! These riverscapes are so photogenic!
I've been reading the term D-log a lot, but no clue what it entails... could you give some hints?

Thanks! :)
D-Log is one of the settings which you can use to record footage. It should give you the widest dynamic range, but it needs postproduction because it is a flat 'colour' profile like the 'flat' profile in GoPro.

In this video D-log is explained, and also why and how you can benefit from shooting in D-log.

Reactions: GoBro and Soundtekk
Definitely a good one. Although I must say that this here is the most cinematic film I have seen from the Mavic and the preset LUTs are from SpectrumGrades which have generally been highly rated. Also D-log is being used which from the general concensus is the best profile to use

Definitely a good one. Although I must say that this here is the most cinematic film I have seen from the Mavic and the preset LUTs are from SpectrumGrades which have generally been highly rated. Also D-log is being used which from the general concensus is the best profile to use

Nice colorgrading indeed, definitely will look into these LUTs. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443