DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic Video shot with Mavic Pro

Peut

Reactions
The place of the recording is called 'De Dode Maas' because it is a dead end of the river 'Maas' in The Netherlands.

Shot this video with the DJI Mavic Pro, decided to go for a cinematic look, therefore I used the anamorphic aspect ratio (2.35:1). Recorded in D-Log (-1,-3,-3) and used the FREE LUT from Groundcontrol Color to enhance the image in postproduction with Premiere Pro CC from Adobe.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Nice one mate! These riverscapes are so photogenic!
I've been reading the term D-log a lot, but no clue what it entails... could you give some hints?

Thanks! :)
D-Log is one of the settings which you can use to record footage. It should give you the widest dynamic range, but it needs postproduction because it is a flat 'colour' profile like the 'flat' profile in GoPro.

In this video D-log is explained, and also why and how you can benefit from shooting in D-log.

Reactions: GoBro and Soundtekk
Definitely a good one. Although I must say that this here is the most cinematic film I have seen from the Mavic and the preset LUTs are from SpectrumGrades which have generally been highly rated. Also D-log is being used which from the general concensus is the best profile to use

Definitely a good one. Although I must say that this here is the most cinematic film I have seen from the Mavic and the preset LUTs are from SpectrumGrades which have generally been highly rated. Also D-log is being used which from the general concensus is the best profile to use

Nice colorgrading indeed, definitely will look into these LUTs. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan