DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematographer checking in

iamsmarkus

Reactions
Greetings from Finland!

Used to shoot film, music videos, commercials, etc. a few years ago, and then took a brake from that working with other things in life.

Now I got myself a Mavic 2 Pro during Christmas and absolutely love it, and been flying a lot.

I also bought a Mavic Mini yesterday to have as a reserve unit and because same flight rules don't apply to it as the other heavier ones and took it for a test flight today. Went down to the beach, to get some nice shots and managed of course to crash land it straight into the water by flying into some weed (in cinemode so my reaction to avoid the weed came like a second too late), 4 m from off-shore. Lost my high speed 256GB memory card too, LOL. So I guess I'll be buying a new one next week again.

Too bad DJI doesn't seem to offer just replacement units of the drone with no accessories for us who are "reckless".

A shot I took with my Mavic 2 Pro last weekend:

DJI_0348-small.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Beautiful Image! Very nice!;)

Reactions: old man mavic
Beautiful picture!!

Welcome to the forum :)

Great photo - I have to ask - was it "edited" or is that how it was naturally

Greetings from Finland!

Used to shoot film, music videos, commercials, etc. a few years ago, and then took a brake from that working with other things in life.

Now I got myself a Mavic 2 Pro during Christmas and absolutely love it, and been flying a lot.

I also bought a Mavic Mini yesterday to have as a reserve unit and because same flight rules don't apply to it as the other heavier ones and took it for a test flight today. Went down to the beach, to get some nice shots and managed of course to crash land it straight into the water by flying into some weed (in cinemode so my reaction to avoid the weed came like a second too late), 4 m from off-shore. Lost my high speed 256GB memory card too, LOL. So I guess I'll be buying a new one next week again.

Too bad DJI doesn't seem to offer just replacement units of the drone with no accessories for us who are "reckless".

A shot I took with my Mavic 2 Pro last weekend:

View attachment 93937

You didn’t buy the DJI REFRESH add on when you purchased your M2P or Mavic Mini? If not, you made an expensive mistake! You can add the refresh program within 48 hours of registering your new drone and get a replacement drone if you lose or crash you DJI drone. Might want to consider that option!

Last edited:
You didn’t guy the DJI REFRESH add on when you purchased your M2P or Mavic Mini? If not, you made an expensive mistake! You can add the refresh program within 48 hours of registering your new drone and get a replacement drone if you lose or crash you DJI drone. Might want to consider that option!
Agree on the DJI Refresh... one use paid for the price of having it on all my drones. Of course, you have to recover the hulk to collect.
Also, it can be purchased after 48 hours, but DJI will require some logs to demonstrated full functionality of the drone.

You didn’t buy the DJI REFRESH add on when you purchased your M2P or Mavic Mini? If not, you made an expensive mistake! You can add the refresh program within 48 hours of registering your new drone and get a replacement drone if you lose or crash you DJI drone. Might want to consider that option!

I did not know it covers losing a DJI Drone. I always thought you had to be able to return the faulty unit, so that it does not cover actually losing it. And I was just doing my first test flight, so I could not even sign up for it after losing it, since I don't have the serial key (it's under water somewhere :D).

I do have it for my Mavic 2 Pro.

Agree on the DJI Refresh... one use paid for the price of having it on all my drones. Of course, you have to recover the hulk to collect.
Also, it can be purchased after 58 hours, but DJI will require some logs to demonstrated full functionality of the drone.

Right, that's what I thought. I need to have something to send back anyway, which I don't. Don't have the possibility to dive in zero degree water to 2m depth and try to find it, and the time is going out for getting the care package.

Lesson learned anyway. I did not realize just a slight touch to a propeller from a straw or weed actually turned off the engine completely, which is what happened :p

welcome to the forum sorry you lost your MM

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair